hf1

Caravan Reno! Inside tour pics - pg 3 + fabric pics now too!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Caravan Reno! Inside tour pics - pg 3 + fabric pics now too!

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:25 am

I've wanted a caravan for ages and ages but haven't ever had the spare funds with everything else we have going on! We have managed to find one that is in a complete state but priced accordingly (ie almost nothing!!!) that will be a lot of work but I'm pretty excited! The biggest problem is a broken rear window, not sure how we will ever find a matching one so we'll have to be creative about what we do! Terrible nick but with good bones, wooden cupboards, great layout ect I think it will be fab! It also means we can get workaway people (who come and help and you feed them and house them for a few hours work a day!) and have some weekends away as we can never afford holidays!

Image Image

Here is one that I found for sale that gives a better idea of how it will look (but of course I'll be getting cuter fabrics :giggle: ):

Image Image Image

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Our Caravan Reno!

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:24 am

Look forward to the pictures of the refurb!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Love it @clothmama. If you need any help/advice, just shout :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:28 pm

I am now the official owner of a caravan :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Allie wrote:Love it @clothmama. If you need any help/advice, just shout :)

Thank you @Allie - first one is (as obviously my first issue is fabric choices :hohoho: :hohoho: ) - what sort of fabric did you use for the upholstery and did you find a good source for appropriate material? I can't decide what to have - I think the existing is lairy brown / orange - not the look I want :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:49 pm

@clothmama, I have seen your post but as I'm away at the moment it's tricky to post links etc. I'll have a look properly when I get home.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Thanks @Allie - plenty of time!

Spent a couple of hours at the van this morning, managed to jack it up and get the wheels off and tested the lights (so working some not but at least some do!). We have come home with the wheels and ordered new tires and new lights for the front, side and rear of the van :widesmile: :widesmile: so should have her road legal to tow home next week :yahoo: Also found an old broom at the stables next to where the van is and started clearing off the moss growing on the outside and some dust.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 am

New tires arrived yesterday and J has just fitted them to the rims. Lights due to be delivered today so hopefully should be able to get it soon!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:16 pm

You are not going to believe this we are going to look at a caravan that hasn't got papers for the road (selling to make a trailer) but looks like it has parts we need (like the window that is broken etc!).

Next

Return to The Great Outdoors