hf1

Holiday recommendations

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Holiday recommendations

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 pm

Thought this was the best place, we're thinking of going on holiday in August. Not sure yet whether we fancy at home or abroad but would prefer a recommendation to just plucking something from the air. Would be 4 or 6 adults and 3 or 4 children.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Holiday recommendations

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 pm

What kind of accommodation do you like? Busy/quiet? Type of activities you like to do?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:00 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:What kind of accommodation do you like? Busy/quiet? Type of activities you like to do?

Anything, we like a bit of everything, chance to relax but the option to go out and do things. Not bothered about night life, kids enjoy spending time of the beach will be a 10 and 7 year old and 7 month old and if hubby's brother and SIL come along a 2 year old.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:15 am

Come to Gozo! Great beaches and history on a tiny family oriented island in the middle of the med. I also know of someone who runs fantastic kids art classes :wink:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:55 am

Gozo/Malta is high on my list of places I want to visit. We almost went last weekend when we went to Barcelona, but the only cheap flights were rubbish times!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:58 am

We loved the lake district last year and Devon and Cornwell are always beautiful. A couple of years ago we stayed near Amsterdam and that was really interesting. Brittany is on my list for exploring without travelling too far. The Dordogne was stunning, we need to go back and this time manage to meet up with Tory! Barcelona was brilliant, don't know if that would be too hot with a baby though... Had a couple of fan breaks in different parts of Wales and North Norfolk. Both have beaches, trains.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:04 am

autumnalgirl wrote:Gozo/Malta is high on my list of places I want to visit

me too! I have found flights from Toulouse and @emmavmorgan and I are going to do gite swaps so we both get holiday at some point!
autumnalgirl wrote:The Dordogne was stunning, we need to go back and this time manage to meet up with Tory!

I know it was such a shame mine were at school and you weren't here any days they were off @autumnalgirl

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:27 am

@clothmama absolutely!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:34 am

emmavmorgan wrote:@clothmama absolutely!

Obviously not the same week - at 2 different times otherwise there would be no gin drinking time :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: @emmavmorgan

Next

Return to The Great Outdoors