Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:39 pm

:hohoho: :wine:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Holiday recommendations

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:50 pm

emmavmorgan wrote:Come to Gozo! Great beaches and history on a tiny family oriented island in the middle of the med. I also know of someone who runs fantastic kids art classes :wink:

Any recommendations @emmavmorgan not sure if it would be too hot in August though?
Spoken to hubby about possibly going back to Cornwall, it's a helluva long drive but I did enjoy it when we went before.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:
emmavmorgan wrote:Come to Gozo! Great beaches and history on a tiny family oriented island in the middle of the med. I also know of someone who runs fantastic kids art classes :wink:

Any recommendations @emmavmorgan not sure if it would be too hot in August though?
Spoken to hubby about possibly going back to Cornwall, it's a helluva long drive but I did enjoy it when we went before.

It will be hot but if you tune into the local way of life it’s fine ie beach early, head home at 11ish, lazy siesta until 4 then out for more beach etc. I would rent a farm house in one of the villages then you would have the pool as well and the freedom to do what you please. You could either hire a car or we have a good bus service (although it the bus does mean you can’t get to some of the more out of the way beaches).

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:17 am

@emmavmorgan what do the kids do for 5 hours in the middle of the day? We went to corfu last year with similar temps and routine and we just went mad sitting around with nothing to do all day. We obviously would have loved a siesta but the kids were wide awake and ready to play. Are there inside activities or does everything really shut down?

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 pm

@ems101 it sort of goes like this, home 11ish, showers, lunch, reading/sleep, get up and ready for going out again, leave at 4ish. My have been brought up doing it so it’s very normal, an early night during the summer is 9pm for them but 10 or 11 is more normal so they need the siesta :lol:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:48 pm

That sounds like such a lush routine! We just couldn't get them in it for a week. Perfect for teenagers maybe!

Previous

Return to The Great Outdoors