Our First camping trip

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Our First camping trip

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi All,

Well, we got back from our first camping trip on Friday. We went to the Vale of Pickeing site for 3 nights and had a great time. The site itself was fab, great facilities and a lovely playground for Zach. We were on the rally field with only one other tent at the opposite end so it was pretty perfect for our virgin run.

The camping went fine, we were a bit stressed getting it all in the car and are getting a bigger roof box for August. We had electric hook up so the sterilising was fine. Immy slept like a log although she couldn't bend with all the layers I put on her but it was obviously fine as she slept really well :D Zach really didn't get on with his sleeping bag and was restless and woke up at 5.45 so we bought him a quilt instead and he slept much better.

We went to Whitby on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway from Pickering - it was a fab steam train called the Sir Nigel Gresley. Zach loved it. (we had to return home on the train with the above mentioned quilt!!!!) and we also went to Scarborough where we visited the Sea Life Centre.

It was hard work but then what holiday isn't with a toddler and a baby. We are looking forward to our next trip in August and hopefully we'll be quicker with the set up then too. Pictures to follow.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Our First camping trip

Postby bryc1 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Really pleased you had a good holiday. You are braver than me though, love the thought of camping but not got guts to do it :oops: :lol: . :hohoho: at Zach wanting his quilt on train.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:56 pm

It sounds really good fun, can't wait to see pics.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:57 pm

Sounds like you had a good time. Looking forward to pics :)

My avatar
emmab
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emmab » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Sounds like it went really well, glad you all had a good time :wine:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Sounds great, look forward to piccies!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Brave brave lady taking a baby and a toddler camping - sounds like you had a great time :wine:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:11 pm

Glad you had a great time. I'd love to go camping but dh isn't keen on the idea :(. Looking forward to pics :D

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:14 pm

Sounds like you had a great time!

I can also really recommend camping with LO's; Jasmine has been going since she was 3 months old, and adores it. In fact, we're off again tomorrow :D

Allie, if you manage to convince DH I can recommend some great campsites.

Next

Return to The Great Outdoors