hf1

Our First camping trip

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Our First camping trip

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:14 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! It sounds like you all had a great time :)

We are also going away again in August... we have the camping bug now :) we're thinking the lake district, somewhere not to far away!!!

Look forward to pics!!!

:)

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:16 pm

Sounds like you had a fab time :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Sounds fabby!!!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Frances wrote:Allie, if you manage to convince DH I can recommend some great campsites.

Oh, Frances, let me know of places your recommend. Been using the UK campsites website which is really good.

Allie - Its a bit of an unknown but honestly it was easier than I thought. We have taken the more luxurious angle of camping though and bought an electric hook up and have airbeds etc plus a 'carpet' in the living area but it was great fun and a fab kind of holiday for kids. As they get older I just know we will all love it and we have spent the money now so it'll be as cheap as we make it really (until we upgrade the tent LOL!!!)

Forgot to say that we used disposables and had a number of poo leaks :evil: They really are rubbish. Don't know what to do with the next trip now, not sure we'll fit the extra luggage of nappies in the car (seriously, we had so much stuff!!!)

xxx

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:25 pm

jules070603 wrote:Forgot to say that we used disposables and had a number of poo leaks :evil: They really are rubbish. Don't know what to do with the next trip now, not sure we'll fit the extra luggage of nappies in the car (seriously, we had so much stuff!!!)

xxx

We had that exact same problem, disposables were a nightmare, but there was NO way I could have fitted my nappies in too, although I'm thinking I could sacrifice something to fit them in next time!!!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:28 pm

I think next time I'll just take our biggest wetbag for nappies (we also need a bigger car though!)

Re. campsites, these are my faves; both 40 - 50 mins drive from Sheffield:

Park House Campsite - right next to Monsal Head viaduct, wonderful scenery, walks, and a stream for paddling. There's a great pub next to the campsite (although I don't think kids are allowed in :( ) No website - 01629 640463

Bull 'i 'th 'Thorn - wonderful site run by an eccentric pub which has a mini petting zoo next to it. Only about 6 miles from Buxton
http://www.bulliththorn.co.uk/

Both have loos, hot showers, and water taps - basic but perfectly adequate.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Wow you are brave! I'm really not a good camper, I've told DH if he wants to go camping he can take the boys and I'll go to a Spa for the weekend. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Glad you had a good time, looking forward to pics. :-D

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Just thought, we should have a CNT camping night/weekend :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Frances wrote:Just thought, we should have a CNT camping night/weekend :D

Oooooh, that would be fab. Wonder how many people camp on here.

Previous

Return to The Great Outdoors