hf1

Anyone been camping on Arran?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Anyone been camping on Arran?

Postby Amanda » Tue May 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Connor would like to go and visit Granny and Grandad again, who live on Arran and don't come down to visit. Our last visit was over a year and a half ago and we rented a beautiful cottage (we don't inflict a stay with the ILs on our children :giggle: ). But it isn't available this year, and we now have a tent, so it makes sense to camp. I've googled and found a couple of possibilities, anyone got first hand experience?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Anyone been camping on Arran?

Postby nappynutter » Wed May 12, 2010 7:03 am

Amanda wrote:Connor would like to go and visit Granny and Grandad again, who live on Arran and don't come down to visit. Our last visit was over a year and a half ago and we rented a beautiful cottage (we don't inflict a stay with the ILs on our children :giggle: ). But it isn't available this year, and we now have a tent, so it makes sense to camp. I've googled and found a couple of possibilities, anyone got first hand experience?

Yes, but it was 25 years ago and I can't even remember the name of the site. :giggle:

It was fab though. :D

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Anyone been camping on Arran?

Postby frankie_n_baby » Wed May 12, 2010 3:44 pm

My in-laws live just across from Arran. We went camping some years ago not far from them (but inland). All I will say is take some serious midge repellent and citronella candles and don't leave the tent open! It may not be too bad if it's less sheltered on Arran, as they cant do strong winds so well. I love it up there.

Return to The Great Outdoors