hf1

Camping essentials?

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Camping essentials?

Postby nabroc » Thu May 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Okay...I've not been camping in years and none of us had littlies to think about back then.

I would like to take the little dude camping this year, he'll be 2, maybe 3 by the time we go. I was just wondering if anyone had been camping with littlies around this age? Is there anything you didn't take but wish you had? Anything you forked out for or took that was a huge waste of time?

We only have a tiny car so can only take things we need :D

Thanks in advance ladies :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Camping essentials?

Postby Kirstyh » Thu May 05, 2011 3:15 pm

ok ok so some one will say it and I am in one of those moods so........................ a tent :giggle:

Seriously though, something warm for at nights as it can get chilly, a decent airbed, a wee camping stove, gosh memory blank, will have a think and come back x

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Thu May 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Kirstyh wrote:ok ok so some one will say it and I am in one of those moods so........................ a tent :giggle:

Ah yes, I best get one of those :hohoho:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Thu May 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Kirstyh wrote:ok ok so some one will say it and I am in one of those moods so........................ a tent :giggle:

lol that was my 1st thought too! x

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Thu May 05, 2011 3:23 pm

Much as I hate to say this because I hate them with a passion but crocs! The campsite we were on last year had stones around the playarea. Lexi was always taking off her shoes to play on the trampoline and couldn't get her shoes back on. I will be buying crocs for the kids this year as they are so easy to slip on and off, but believe me they will not be worn expect on the site :-? Can you tell I hate them :hohoho: :hohoho: Other than that as long as you have the essentials, camping stove, kettle etc you'll be fine :D

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Thu May 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Crocs? Please no. Eurgh.

I think I dislike them as much as you :giggle:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Thu May 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Ive taken mine camping every year in August and there are only a few things you "need".
What Kirsty said plus stuff for wet weather including interesting games you can play in the tent if you get trapped inside in the evening and no pub etc to escape too!

My avatar
clevercuttlefish
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby clevercuttlefish » Thu May 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Bug repellent and a really good sense of humour were my first thoughts :)

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu May 05, 2011 8:57 pm

we are going camping in the summer for the first time although i always went as a child
this is what we have got so far

tent
airbeds
pump for airbeds
stove
gas canisters for stove
camping kitchen
lamp
simple portable toilet (i can't face getting up to go to the loo in the night with the boys :oops: 0
a cold box
a folding table
a camping saucepan set

still to get
a kettle
cutlery
a mallet
I want a wardrobe- but i need to measure the car first :giggle: :giggle:

I think this is all going to fit in my car (a fiat multipla) but i will be able to take 1 back seat out to give us extra room

Next

Return to The Great Outdoors