hf1

Camping in Scotland

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Camping in Scotland

Postby Woozle35 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:39 pm

We are off to my brothers again in Nairn, maybe August time. We are planning to go for 2 weeks and spend one of the weeks camping. We went to Sands caravan site in Gairloch last year, I presume the west coast will be full of midges in August so we are thinking of going on the east coast. Has anyone any recomendations?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Camping in Scotland

Postby nappynutter » Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Alford? Lots of Historic Scotland and National Trust properties and plenty of walks etc. nearby.

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby lainey1978 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Lossiemouth is suppossed to be nice but I have never camped there. Alford is great we have been there loads when we were kids. WE camp a lot at Rosemarkie but thats because we can just go on the spur of the moment.

We are planning doing lots of camoping over the summer so will let you know where gets the thumbs up from us, providing we get to meet up when you are in Nairn!

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby lainey1978 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Dornoch and Embo are lovely but a little further up north

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Lossiemouth is fab but make sure you have delta pegs as it can be uber windy up there. Not too far for a wee trip to Inverness either but a fair drive.

North berwick is lovely and loads of nice beaches and stuff to do in that area as well.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:45 am

nappynutter wrote:Alford? Lots of Historic Scotland and National Trust properties and plenty of walks etc. nearby.

Thanks, looks lovely but we really want to be near the sea. Will definetly spend a day visiting though.

lainey1978 wrote:Lossiemouth is suppossed to be nice but I have never camped there. Alford is great we have been there loads when we were kids. WE camp a lot at Rosemarkie but thats because we can just go on the spur of the moment.

We are planning doing lots of camoping over the summer so will let you know where gets the thumbs up from us, providing we get to meet up when you are in Nairn!

We cannot go to Lossiemouth as my brother works there (I dont think he would appreciate his camping trip :giggle: )
Off to have a look at Rosemarkie, Dornoch and Embo. Will definetly arrange to meet :D :D

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:Lossiemouth is fab but make sure you have delta pegs as it can be uber windy up there. Not too far for a wee trip to Inverness either but a fair drive.

North berwick is lovely and loads of nice beaches and stuff to do in that area as well.

Off to look at North Berwick :D

My avatar
stacey10782010
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby stacey10782010 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:29 pm

lossiemouth is lovely,i live a couple of miles from there.gorgeous beach

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:34 pm

We stayed at a campsite in Bunchrew a few years ago and found it really nice, we were able to camp right by the estury edge so we could hear the water at night. It's really close to Inverness and the Black Isle. I think any of the campsites on the Black Isle would be nice too as they are all part of the camping and caravanning club so you know what you're getting, but this also means they were more expensive per night so that's why we ended up at Bunchrew. You should take a trip through to Fortrose and you might be lucky enough to see some dolphins. Try and time it at the turn of the tide and you might get lucky. Cromarty is also gorgeous but unfortunately you can't camp there.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat May 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Oh and to add we stayed in a lovely campsite in perth last year called Noah's ark. Its a fab site with excellent facilities. Big soft play at the end of the road for rainy days too! Not too far from safari park etc as well.

Next

Return to The Great Outdoors