hf1

Hello. I'm new :)

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Hello. I'm new :)

Postby sophie90 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Hey there, I'm new here and new to cloth nappies too!
This site was recomended by my lovely sister so here I am :)

I used disposables with both my boys (altho wanted to try cloth with the second) and now that baby number 3 is coming I am determined to give cloth nappies a go...
Any recomendations?
Sophie

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Hello. I'm new :)

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi Sophie,

What size were your boys at birth? We're expecting out son any day now, and have a stash of tiny sized nappies (Tots Bots Teenyfits for pockets, and Tots Bots bamboozles with various wraps for fitteds), as our daughter was quite dinky when she was born. But I know some people who have bigger bubs can go straight to one sized nappies, or just miss out the newborn size.

Feel free to have a look at my blog to see what my stash is like, and make sure you keep an eye on the classifieds section of the forum, it can be a great way of testing out a few different shapes and sizes without spending too much money!

When are you due?

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey!
Zach was 6lb 15oz and Leo was 6lb 3oz.
I'll go take a look at what you've got :)

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:35 pm

If you make them tiny, definately go for small nappies like teenyfits. They're uber cute!

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Well we've already been told that little lady is small and I'm not quite 29weeks yet, so they sound ideal really, I'll have a look for them, I'm totally new to all this so it's driving me mad but I'm determined to go with it this time!!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:49 am

Hello! Pregnant here too and due in 10 days with another boy. Ds was 8lb 6 and we used cloth from about 4-5 weeks old but planning on doing so from birth this time.I have some nature babies loveables in bamboo, xs Owe Whoa Whens, xs sandies, newborn swaddlebees, size 1 bimbles for the newborn stage then little lambs for when he's a bit bigger.I have 1 teenyfit to try but we found pockets useless for breastfed poo last time.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:53 am

Hi and welcome Sophie!

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby cath » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:08 am

hi & welcome :wave:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:17 am

:wave: and welcome. I used fitteds on dd, xs OweWoahWhen were the smallest. I also used swaddlebees (i have 2 pink ones up for sale), monkey snuggles, bambeasies ( £6 from kingdom of fluff!!) and dunk n fluff. All with wool. I did have a newborn wrap, a rumparooz, which was fab.

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers