hf1

Ebay Nappies.?

My avatar
cupcake
Clothie
Clothie

Ebay Nappies.?

Postby cupcake » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:04 am

Hello im 16weeks pregnant and new to cloths, I have a few friends that have used them in the past. I have decided to go for tots bots fluffles (size 1) and the small Bambino Mio's.

I'm addicted to buying nappies though and all mine are white, i was wondering if anyone has used the cheap ebay ones and if you found them any good? i want to add more colour in my stash...

Thanks for reading :) xx

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Ebay Nappies.?

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi cupcake. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Ebay Nappies.?

Postby Twinkletoes » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi Cupcake!

I've not used eBay nappies yet, so hopefully somebody will be along soon who can tell you about them :D

But there's other ways of adding colour to your stash quite cheaply! Both the nappies you have need wraps, so you could invest in some funky wraps.

You could also do some preloved nappy shopping, which works out much cheaper than buying new, and you'll get to try some different makes of nappies :thumbsup:

Happy shopping!

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Hello and welcome :wave:

I used ebay cheapies as part of my stash with ds from about 4 months until now when he started his potty training. I think there is quite a love hate relationship with them but i found them really good and reached for them most of the time.
I think i got about 10 for £16 at the time before i relised how many make where out there i wanted to try. :lol:
They fitted my son really well but towards the end i did have to add extra boosters to them but i think this was mainly because he was older and drinking more. Once they were boosted they were fine.

They dry really quickly as well and i found them great for boosting my stash up and dh liked using them.

I don't think it will hurt to get a couple, even if you end up using them as spare. I still use mine now without the boosters as a swimming nappy :giggle:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:25 pm

I had loads for dd1 as they were very dh and childminder friendly so we had a fair few. I have to say they worked pretty well although some have not lasted but can't really expect much for less bthan £5 really.
Also addicted but woulod rather buypretty preloved than ebay cheapies now! Hth

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Ebay nappies worked well for us, coolababy ones seemed to work the best for us. Just be aware that as with any birth to potty nappy they are actually unlikely to fit from birth and didnt fit my DD until she was a couple of months old, but did last til potty training.

My avatar
cupcake
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cupcake » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Great thanks ladies, i think i may get a few to have a try but as im using from newborn i may wait a while to get a few, i think i will buy some nice wraps for the ones i have (didn't think of that before) and tbh i haven't seen any :-? . Guess im not looking in the right places. all mine so far are pre-loved but look as good as new!

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:08 pm

You may not thank me for this, but.... go look at weenotions.

And hide your wallet!

They do lovely nappies and wraps, you can personalise with embroidery and choose all sorts of colour combos.

My avatar
cupcake
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cupcake » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:12 pm

ive already found them !!!! there all amazing, i have already choose a girl one or a boy one so when we find out what were having i will be getting one. i have promised my OH i will only buy one (hahaha yeah right) lol xx

Return to Welcome Newcomers