hf1

5th time mum, 1st time cloth nappying, totally confused!

My avatar
nurturingnaturedoula
Clothie
Clothie

5th time mum, 1st time cloth nappying, totally confused!

Postby nurturingnaturedoula » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Hellooooooo. :wave: My name is Caroline and I am expecting my 5th baby. I am a doula and antenatal educator in the south west of Scotland in the little time I have between caring for my 4 children ages 7 and under.

My 5th baby is due at christmas time :D and is largely a secret thus far (so I hope I don't already know anyone from the forum lol).

So first baby we decided to cloth nappy and signed up to a FABULOUS company called the Scottish Nappy Company who dropped off clean nappies and picked up your dirty ones for a set price per month. This service was a gift from my parents. Well 3 weeks before my due date my mother and I fell out and being the fabulously kind mature woman she is she cancelled the nappys without telling us :doh: So with no money and no backup plan off to asda we went for a £5 pack of disposables and frankly never looked back.

Sadly the Scottish Nappy Company closed and after using disposables with my first it just became a natural part of our culture to use them, and so we did with our further 3 children.

In 2010 I trained as a doula. This opened up my world to all sorts of different parenting styles and ideas and during my time as a doula I really have developed quite a love of the more earth friendly and attatchment styles and couldn't imagine raising this baby on disposables.

HOWEVER (lol) I am absolutely baffled by all the different types of nappies out there! :shock: I did some research online but haven't found any really good, concise and non biased reveiws. So thats why I'm here, to talk to real mums with real experience of real nappies :D

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: 5th time mum, 1st time cloth nappying, totally confused!

Postby queen bee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi and welcome to the Tree :wave: You will find loads of advice and help here. Just ask lots of questions.

I'm a mum of 5 too. I've used cloth nappies on all of my bubbas.

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Johanna21 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Hello :wave:

I've had both mine in cloth and love it but I've found what works for me and stuck with it so my knowledge is a bit limited. Some people on here are amazingly knowledgable and they're all really lovely and helpful. You'll get loads of advice - the chat's not bad either!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi and welcome.My 2nd baby is 12 weeks and we have used cloth for both.Ask lots of qs and everyone here will be v helpful.
The info pages on here are pretty good too
http://www.clothnappytree.com/info.php?article=4

My avatar
nurturingnaturedoula
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nurturingnaturedoula » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks so much ladies. That link was great. Went and googled some of the brands mentioned but i think I need to hear from mums what works for them and why :)

Off to have a nosey around the forum :D

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:52 pm

:wave: you will find all sorts of fab info on here. i am mummy to Harry who is 3 and due no 2 in december. x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:01 pm

:wave: :wave: Hi and welcome
Hope we can help you. I have 4 kids but only used clothe on the last 2. I am in Scotland as well xx

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:31 am

Hi :wave: I am Aimee, mum to two and am using cloth on both (although we have days off at the moment due to nothing drying quick enough in the rubbish weather).
I have found that to start with fitteds and wool or wraps work well, pockets/all in ones work well after 6 months and them back to a 2 part system whrn they start to do those 'holding it in and mega pee' nappies. This system is most reliable for us and I love wool now although it took ages to get my head round it to start :giggle:.
Hope that helps and welcome to the tree!

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:19 am

Hiya, and welcome to the CNT! :wave:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers