Lurker comes forward!

My avatar
lizhazellsmith
Clothie
Clothie

Lurker comes forward!

Postby lizhazellsmith » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Hello,
I've been lurking here for a while and just registered! I'm pregnant for the first time, just over 25 weeks and my baby is due November 5th. I live on the Devon and Somerset border, am very excited about being pregnant, feeling quite good at the mo. Been busy researching cloth nappies and am buying a couple of different styles before the baby is born. We don't know what we are having, but I'm not really a pink or blue person anyway so that's fine, we're going for autumnal colours and unisex stuff. Having a slight sense of urgency about getting everything done now, but I've got a few things ticked off the list so at lease progress is being made.
I'm toying with the idea of cloth nappying from newborn, but it seems like quite a few people don't - any input would be welcome.
Thanks,
Liz.

My avatar
lizhazellsmith
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Lurker comes forward!

Postby lizhazellsmith » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:49 pm

PS. do I have to make so many posts before I can PM someone?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Hello! :wave: I didn't use from newborn and I regretted it as the newborn disposables are really expensive and more to the point didn't work very well. They leak and bf poo isn't pleasant when that happens :giggle: perhaps buy some second hand ones from the classifieds to try out in the early days. And no post limit for pm-ing people x
Last edited by Dora on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Hello and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I think as many people choose cloth for newborns as those who don't, it's just personal choice. Cloth or not, you'll be busy with the baby and changing frequently anyway. I chose to mix between the two depending on what was easiest at the time.

You should be able to PM (private message) anyone, I think, no matter how many posts you have.

My avatar
lizhazellsmith
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizhazellsmith » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, and the positive replies about newborn cloth nappying. I am going to buy some second hand off here, been trying to PM a seller but the messages seems to be staying in my outbox rather than going to my sent box - why is this? Am I doing something dumb wrong!! :-?

My avatar
LeezMaree
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LeezMaree » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Hello!

They stay in your outbox til they're read by the recipient ;)

I cloth bummed from newborn and loved it :)

My avatar
lizhazellsmith
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizhazellsmith » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Ah.... that makes sense :D

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Cloth from birth is easy, but i have no other experience as my DD was cloth from birth and this one will be too :thumbsup:

From what i understand, you have lots of extra washing from leaky disposables so its no more work to just have one nappy wash.

The only downside to cloth from birth is that baby grows so fast you dont always get a great amount of usage out of newborn sized nappies but if you buy pre-loved and then sell on you can minimise this expense x

Welcome & congratulations on your pregnancy :pregnant:

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi!

We used cloth from birth last time, and a few disposables, but I regretted that as they smell horrible, feel weird, and leak. Am due again in a few weeks and haven't bought anything disposable whatsoever.

Each to their own though! Some people feel they'll have 'enough to get used to' without adding cloth, but I never understood that tbh. Changing cloth is no more time consuming or tricky than changing sposies, and I'm pretty sure most grown ups are familiar with how their washing machine works!

Enjoy fluffy shopping!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers