hf1

Hello all :)

My avatar
Weirdartist
Clothie
Clothie

Hello all :)

Postby Weirdartist » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi I'm new to the world of cloth nappies. I have an 8yr old and a 3month old, and want advice on pretty much everything! Including any ways to convert a stubborn OH, and how to use the variety of cn out there! I do own a few nappies, but they are possibly not what I want to use, kushies bebe baby and a couple of unbranded pockets. Interested in anything birth-to-potty, but not willing to spend too much as we are not planning on any more children, so it needs to be value for money :)
Terry

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Hello all :)

Postby Woozle35 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 am

Hi Terry and welcome to the tree. I have no advice on nappies as Oscar, 3, is out of them now. I mainly used tot bots, but you are certainly in the right place for help. Look through the review section as there is lots of advice there.

Lots more people will be along later to answer any questions you have. xx

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:04 am

Hi Terry, Welcome to the tree :cnthug:

You're in the right place for advice. My DH although really keen when we first started thinking of using cloth, then went off the idea and it wasn't until he realised that it was easy that he became convinced again. The key to men is making it as simple as possible, all in ones are their best bet. My DH used to hate the fact that he didn't know what went with what.

But what are you thinking of? All in ones, or two parters.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 am

For reliability at a variety of ages I would go with fitteds and wraps.

BTP rarely fit properly all the way from birth to potty as babies change shape and what fits a chubby 5 month old wont work on a toddler who has slimmed diwn once walking.
I would also avoid applix / Velcro as the time LOs work out how to open it is going to be before potty training!

I am planning to use a range of nappies with my 2nd LO, starting with a basis of bamboo Little Lambs (which have applix but can also be used with nippas) as workhorse nappies. I have some fitteds (dunk n fluff, wee notions etc) and bumgenius BTP pockets that I will use with hemp and bambo stuffing (but i will be taking the applix off and converting these to poppers, and from experience they will work well at time and not at others, depending on LO's growth)

The vast majority will be preloved / reused from last time as the cost of new nappies can be high.

Some people do well with mother ease nappies, though I'm not keen in the shape.

I'm sure people with more current experience will be able to be more help!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:21 am

Welcome to the tree Terry :cnthug: I think a good way to work out what you like and what suits your baby is to pop onto classifieds and pick up a few pre-loved nappies to give you an idea of what does work. When you find out what you like you can then pick up more of that variety without spending heaps on something that may not work as well as you had hoped for you babies shape etc. As you will see from your replies so far everyone tends to have different styles of nappies that work for them. Good luck and have fun shopping! Ask away if you are not sure about anything. And congratulations on your new bubba :yahoo:

Return to Welcome Newcomers