Hi, I just joined.

My avatar
PoppyPainting
Clothie
Clothie

Hi, I just joined.

Postby PoppyPainting » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:09 am

Hi All, I just joined. :wave:

LO is in day-time cloth normally. ATM we are only in sposies because I am trying to deal with contact dermatitis on her bottom. If anyone has any experience of this I'd love to hear it.

I am using Canesten Cream on her at the mo, as prescribed by the doc, but I don't like using on her because I have heard it thins the skin. Also the rash seems to re-appear if I don't apply the Canesten to her twice a day. I'm going to ease her into the cloth again as soon as the rash goes and try to work out by elimination what has caused it, I took her out of cloth because I am concerned in case it is coz of detergent build up, I have tried strip washing (with Eco Sprout method) but don't know if it has been effective.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Hi, I just joined.

Postby sim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:19 am

Hi and welcome!

A good way to tell if the strip wash has worked is that there are no bubbles in the rinses. If there are, keep rinsing until there are no bubbles left.

What nappies have you tried overnight? Are they different to you day nappies? Some LOs react to certain inner fabrics and using nappies with a different inner or liner can help.

My avatar
PoppyPainting
Clothie
Clothie

Postby PoppyPainting » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:37 am

Hi, thankyou for your reply :))

At night ( and just for now, in the day too) I use an Aldi disposable, or sometimes a Tesco disposable with a terry nappy over the top to catch any leaks. I know it sounds silly, but it works for us. I haven't found a cloth nappy combo that will do overnight without leaks. I was going to try a sandwich of bamboo and microfibre in a minky pocket nappy but we've had so many sleeping issues that I daren't tamper with what currently gets us through w/o a change!

Her cloth nappies are all pocket nappies with microfleece inserts and fleece inners. I use paper liners.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:23 am

:wave: :wave: hi Poppy and welcome!

I have some thoughts but will have to get back to you with them as I'm off to bed!

Return to Welcome Newcomers