Wool they work?

My avatar
MysteryOfEden
Clothie
Clothie

Wool they work?

Postby MysteryOfEden » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:48 pm

Hello,
This is one of my first attempts to enter the world of forums…I used cloth with my son and had a nappy service :yahoo: which, 10 years later is now non-existent but I now persevere to use cloth with my daughter who is 1. We do a bit of EC…not much communication going on, more down to timing. ( She will go in the potty, AND anywhere else) I came here because I have been (re)searching going to wool wraps/longies. We use prefolds and a bunch of little lamb hand me downs with their not so nice wraps. I am tired of scratchy velcro and I thought the wool wraps might transition to go over a training pant when the 'communication' part of EC kicks in. :giggle:
Breastfeeding, slinging, avoiding toxins, eating real food, striving sustainable…dancing in the kitchen.
Thank you
Julia

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Wool they work?

Postby The Tree Fairy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:09 am

Hi MysteryOfEden. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Re: Wool they work?

Postby MrC » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:40 am

Hi Julia and welcome :wave:

A wonderful, healthy and happy way to live :) I do hope we can add a little to that here. Wool worked admirably for us in the past, we'll definitely be using it again.

Do let us know if you need help with the site. It's quite a long time since I haven't used a forum, I'd love to hear your opinions on how easy or difficult things are for you starting out.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:45 am

Wool is the best , I have no experience of using wool with pre folds I have an image of things leaking out but this is just a guess. Your little lambs will be fine that what we have used . I have never used pul wraps with Leon only wool and it's fab. You can get or make just the wrap or get shorts or longer which are then great as as they double up as clothing xx

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:10 am

Absolutely loved wool with my DS (now 11), but echo everyone's concern re leaks with pre folds. I would worry about regular leaks with wool as you'll be lanolising far more often, which could be an off-putting faff.
Fitted are ideal though. We had disana tie ons, which dried in seconds and never leaked. I quite often see them free/insanely cheap/postage only if you are interested in giving them a go.
No idea why they are so unpopular (brilliant IMO) except they cause serious puzzlement in babysitters! Lol.
We used a combination of wool and pul as pul necessary for long car journeys (my DM was 4 h away at the time), and wool pants were v bulky back then. I have some lovely slim and him ones in ready for imminent arrival of ds2 though, and have pretty much given up car journeys of any length so planning much more wool use :D
Good luck x

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:49 am

I use wool full time on my youngest. but we have now had to stop due to him suddenly becoming aware he can undress him self and now i'm back at work we seem to use pocket more and more now.

i love wool. never had a leak and you can get some amazing colourways.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:53 am

Hi Julia, wool works well with fitted nappies. Longies I don't think would work with prefolds but with wool soakers I shouldn't see why it wouldn't work.

Return to Welcome Newcomers