hf1

Quick Hello

My avatar
thenappywrapstore
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Quick Hello

Postby thenappywrapstore » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:15 pm

its been years since i was on here.. didnt even realise this forum was still going..
Lots has happened since i last posted, and am sure no body remembers me and if you do yay!!

My kids are all growing up fast, i have a 23 year old and a 13 year old now.. and 2 granddaughters..

Two years ago my husband passed away after an accident.. he stumbled fell hit his head on a wall and was unconscious for several minutes, ended up with bleeding on the brain and was put into a coma, of which he never woke up from.. a week later his heart gave up and he passed away. Life has been an adjustment since.. i dont think we will ever reach normal, theres not a day goes by i dont think of him and wish it wasnt real.. kids have been different one of my sons is more agressive then he ever was.. but theres less tears now.. but just things are not the same and never will be.. my daughter who is 13 took it the hardest, she was 11 at the time.. but she is in counselling now and hopefully it helps..

one of my granddaughters was born with a heart condition and her only chance of living was to receive a new heart which thank fully she did and is coming 2 in july.. she doesnt talk much, only says hair, and rubs her hair, shakes her head no, says dada, sometimes mummum and her sisters name lily.. but the doctors have said that may be because she had a trachy in for so long.. she is slightly delayed and could remain like that for the rest of her life, but until she is older no one knows how she will be.. they suspect autism but wont confirm for a while and will monitor her and assess her later on.. her brain didnt develop at the normal rate, because she was sedated from birth and had 3 cardiac arrests..

So yeah the last few years have been tough, i stopped working, ended up on depression tablets,, but i was getting worse and worse could barely function.. i opened a shop selling baby clothes and nappies in my local town and getting out more often has helped.. i no longer feel cooped up and lost..

enough about me, wow this forum is still going how awesome!

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Quick Hello

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Hi thenappywrapstore. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Quick Hello

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:48 am

Hi Debbie, :wave: :wave: yes I do remember you - welcome back! Yes we are still here, quieter and smaller but still here - amazingly as so many forums these days have shut as so much moves to the likes of FB - which is such a shame as all that knowledge is then often in groups that can't be seen and information that can't be searched for on all sorts of subjects - not just nappies!

What an awful lot you and your family have been through in the last few years :hug:

thenappywrapstore wrote:i opened a shop selling baby clothes and nappies in my local town and getting out more often has helped.. i no longer feel cooped up and lost..

I'm so pleased you are doing something that sounds great fun and that it is helping you move forward :hug: sounds great!

My avatar
thenappywrapstore
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby thenappywrapstore » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:06 pm

I miss the forum format. Too much is missed on fb it's so busy.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello! I don't think I was around when you were here, but it's good to have experienced people on for new parents and users of cloth. A lot of us including myself gave children all out of nappies now, but loiter for the good company and friendships built over the years. It's a good source of emotional support. So do feel free to hang around and join in when you fancy it

My avatar
leonoraking
Clothie
Clothie

Postby leonoraking » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Hello! I'm new here but hopefully will stick around for a while too.

Return to Welcome Newcomers