hf1

Hi, totally new to cloth and a bit

My avatar
Akd12
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Akd12 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi, am a total cloth novice, I’ve been dithering for ages and ummming and ahhhing about it, so decided to take the plunge and have bought a mixture of different types of nappy - both pocket and AIO - have stuck to one size nappies as I have an 18m boy and 4.5m girl so I’m hoping they can share? Is this bonkers?
Is a total of 28 nappies enough for both kids?
Been doing a lot of reading but only found this forum today!
Husband thinks I’ve lost my mind

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby The Tree Fairy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi Akd12. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Hi, totally new to cloth and a bit

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:52 pm

I think you'll just have to try the nappies and see what works for your children, I kept the stash from my boy for baby #2 and some of them just didn't suit her at all. This time I'm starting again and I've gone for the nappies that worked on both kids in the hope they will work for #3 I've got lots of OS nappies but also some sized as our one size didn't fit right away and they also don't fit as long.
Have fun in your cloth journey though, once you find what works you'll be fine :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:30 pm

:wave: :wave: Hi and a big welcome to the Tree :wave: :wave: glad you found us!

Akd12 wrote:I’ve been dithering for ages and ummming and ahhhing about it, so decided to take the plunge

Good on you for taking the plunge - I'm sure you wont' regret it - even if it can take a while to bring hubby and others around :giggle: The only thing I ever regretted was not trying them on my first born (not that there were that many cool nappies around 17 years ago!).

Akd12 wrote:have bought a mixture of different types of nappy - both pocket and AIO - have stuck to one size nappies as I have an 18m boy and 4.5m girl so I’m hoping they can share? Is this bonkers?

Sounds like you have made a great start to your collection, I always advise people to try out different styles rather than trying to buy a big set of one type. I see no reason at all that you shouldnt' be able to use OS nappies on both - not bonkers at all! Large toddlers (over say 2.5) and very small babies can have fit issues with OSize but your 2 should be fine. They'll be different shapes and you will perhaps find one style fits / suits one of them better than the other. I'd say 28 is fine to start, will let you try it out and you may decide to get more of some or even try different ones once you've used them for a little while. You'll also be able to work out what washing / drying suits you so you can work out how many you'd like and add to your collection as you need to (or eventually if you get a bit mad like some of us want to :giggle: ).

Akd12 wrote:Husband thinks I’ve lost my mind

Nooooo :evil: you haven't :hohoho: - thye usually comoe around :wink: :giggle: @Akd12

My avatar
Angelalogo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Angelalogo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:44 pm

I agree - try a few different brands as the fit can be completely different.

My avatar
ambpick
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ambpick » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:35 am

Hello! My husband thinks the same of me, I worry too much. I have two sons, and I have to buy different brands for each, just because the younger one gets allergies. But I don't think you have to worry about it too much, everyone I know does too.

Return to Welcome Newcomers