advice for a newbie and HELLO!!

My avatar
aims
Clothie
Clothie

advice for a newbie and HELLO!!

Postby aims » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:49 pm

hello everyone!!

I'm Amy, marrried, 27, -i have a 3 yr old ds (luckily no nappies!) and a 1yr old ds -and have just decided to switch to cloth. for those that know me from BC i have been umming and ahhing for a long time about this, and i have finally decided to at least give it a go!!! my sis is about to have a baby as well -so i figured that i can sell them on to her when needed (yeah i will convert her if i get on well!)

so i am here looking for advice on the what's and how's of the nappy know-how -and i'm sure i'm in the right place anyway -so any tips and advice welcome!!

where do you get the trial packs from? (definitely not expensive trials anyway) ... i have tried and love fuzzis (just bought 3 preloved ones and waiting for them to arrive wooo, and i have 2 bamboozles + fleece liners and one motherease airflow wrap to get my started with. needless to say i am not using cloth full time at the moment lol! gonna get started with the day-time then might think about night times lol.

so where else do i start? where do i get a nappy bin from?? it's gotta have a lid of some sort as otherwise they'll be emptied out all over the floor every 10 minutes or so by one or the other of the boys!

thanks in advance :)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Hi and welcome to the board. I am Annette, mum to 15 month old Charlotte who has been in cloth pretty much since birth.

As your ds is 1 year old, I would try out a few more pocket nappies, we like Happy Heinys, Bumgenius and Green Kids. Or try Pocket Bots, Hilary is a Wahm who posts on here and is really nice and friendly.

In terms of a bucket, I got a 21litre bucket with a lid for £2 from In Store. It is just the right size for a washing machine load.

Hang around here a bit and I am sure we can lead you astray and make you buy lots and lots of nappies :D
Last edited by Annette on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:54 pm

Hi Amy :D

Have you looked at bumgenius? I would suggest trying a few other pockets when you like the fuzzi bunz so much.

Why not have a look in the photo album threads and see what we have modelled on our babies :D There is also a photo of my nappy bucket on there, a big pink thing with a clip on lid, I got it from au natural for £4.

Join in the chats and ask whatever you need to and we'll so our best to help :D

Karen x

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:00 pm

Hi Amy, great you could join us!

Annette and Karen have given you good advice, I'd second trying more pockets. We love our fuzzis and bumgenius.

I'm Joanne, mum to Matthew who's 9 months.
Looking forward to chatting!

Joanne

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:30 am

Hooray Amy, so glad to see you here!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D My advice would be similar to the others to try out other pockets. My faves are also Fuzzis, Bumgenius and the new Pocket bots, while I like the prints of Happy Heineys I don't' (like many people) find them terribly reliable. Pocket bots fill that gap though as they have fab prints and are very reliable!

Come on whenever you want to ask questions and I'm sure someone will be able to help!

Chat soon,

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:41 am

Hello!!

Well, Me, Ruth, Yvonne, Gisele & hannahp can bombard you on tuesday/tomorrow with all our nappies!!! haha

OMG that means we'll all be cloth converts... does that make it a nappucino? :lol: :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:58 am

HannahBanana wrote:Hello!!

Well, Me, Ruth, Yvonne, Gisele & hannahp can bombard you on tuesday/tomorrow with all our nappies!!! haha

OMG that means we'll all be cloth converts... does that make it a nappucino? :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D :D Yep!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

My avatar
aims
Clothie
Clothie

Postby aims » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:16 pm

ooh i've always wanted to go to one of them lol!! so glad i've got a load of clean ones to use for the day- i would feel like a right traitor with a disposable on pmsl. [oops on riley not on me i'd like to add haha)

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:45 am

Woohoo! Nappucino lol

Amy, I've got a very pretty happ heiny you'd look great in haha

Return to Welcome Newcomers