Hi

My avatar
Marie
Clothie
Clothie

Hi

Postby Marie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Hey all

Im new to the site and also new to cloth nappies. My second baby is due in 5 weeks and we have decided to go all environmental and use cloth nappies. I went to boots and bought a couple of packs to get me started but im now having problems finding nappy soak and the other stuff needed...why do they make things so complicated????

Can anyone advise me on the best place to get everything i need from under one roof or one site as im getting killed by all the postage costs of ordering from different sites and im driving my husband nuts making him take me to 100's of different shops :wink:

Thanks

Marie

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Hi

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:56 am

Hello, welcome to the tree :cnthug: I would check out the list of WAHM (Work at home mummies) for all stuff nappy. As for nappy soak, most nappies these days donn't need soaking. :wink:

Hope someone else can give you a better idea of where to shop. :D

Happy nappying.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:22 am

Hello and welcome to the tree. You probably don't need nappy soak and theres lots of information in our "washing cloth nappies" section :D

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:07 am

HI and welcome :idea: We don't use nappy soak either, just dry pail them :wink:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Maroe - welcome to the cloth nappy tree. Good luck with the next 5 weeks, I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

I dry pail my dirty nappies, and use some sanitising powder in with the wash occasionally ( I use with the Bambino Mio or Bambinex ones, which are normally available from Boots).

I hope you find the information you need here.

Kate x

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:12 pm

:idea: We dry pail here too :) welcome to CNT!!!!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:48 am

Hi and welcome! Another vote for dry pailing, though I do sometimes rinse off particularly nasty nappies :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:00 am

:idea: Wecome to the tree!

We dry pail too :wink:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:12 am

Most modern nappies don't like being soaked - not good for the elastic and PUL. As others have said - rinse the yukky ones and dry pail - much easier and less smelly! Big nappy retailers like babykind and twinkleontheweb have everything you could ever need on one site. WAHMs are also fab and many have everything too! You really only need your nappies, some liners, wraps, a bin (any bin with a lid will do and the 'nappy' ones are often too small anyway!), washable wipes if you are going to use them and that is it really to get going! You'll soon work out what else you may need when you get started.

Welcome to CNT :cnthug:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers