Taking the plunge and saying hi

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Taking the plunge and saying hi

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:06 pm

:widesmile:

Have been flitting around for a few days on the site after being lured in by the nappy Classifieds sections and thought it was about time I took the plunge and said hi.

I live in London and am the lucky mum of a gorgeous 10 month-old ds, Max :babyroll: . I became a bit of cloth nappy addict before he was born when I started buying different types of nappies for to try out on him, partly because I was caught up by how cute and different they looked, their complete lack of chemicals, and partly because I liked the idea of not contributing to the landfill problem. I tried them out on him at 8 weeks and suffered so many problems with leaks that I went back to 'sposies very quickly. A week ago I decided to give my BG's another try and we managed 2 days with no leaks and I haven't looked back since (thank you BG :wine: ) I have to own up to still using a 'sposie at night as I haven't yet found a reliable night-nappy and am currently looking into possibilities (like the sound and look of bedbugs).

I've also been looking at pics of peoples stashes and realized I have some seriously fun work to do to get mine up-to-scratch. I thought I was doing well with my BG and BBOS but CNT has opened my eyes to the likes of Mutts, Holdens Landing, Lucy's Hope Chest, Goodmamas, Bububebe and more - feel rather like the ugly duckling next to the swan.

Looking forward to chatting and sharing with everyone in the future.
Emma

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Taking the plunge and saying hi

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:09 pm

:cnthug:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Welcome :wine:

And I can recommend Wee Notions Night Notions :D

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:12 pm

hi emma :mrgreen: :hug: welcome to a crash in your paypal balance! :hohoho:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:13 pm

:hohoho:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:24 pm

Yeah. It'll def take a bashing. Has already taken one when I made the rookie mistake of buying lots of nappies at the start instead of being sensible and trying a few to see how bubs got on :x

Now that I'm hooked again and have seen all the lovely options out there its gonna take another (if more selective) bashing :giggle:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi and welcome to the tree. Make sure you don't have a card linked to your pp or you will be constantly broke like me :wink: :hohoho: .

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:28 pm

:idea: Welcome,
I used sposies at night for a while at the beginning too, then pockets for a while, before I discovered fitted nappies and wool :D

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Yeah I've seen lots of longies for sale and wondered how they work (without sounding too stupid :-? ) I know they go over fitted nappies but do you put pj's over them? And do they really keep all the wetness in that well?

Thanx for the wee notions tip by the way. I've been wanting to take the plunge but they are expensive and I wanted to find some reviews before buying.

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers