hf1

Hello from Kent

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Hello from Kent

Postby JennyWren » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Jenny, SAHM to Ethan (10), Stella (8) and Livia (22 months). I was introduced to cloth by the Cornish Real Nappy Project when Liv was very young and have loved using cloth ever since. I wish I had known about cloth when my other two were babies. Liv is starting to potty train and her favourite game is hopping on the potty every 5 minutes to do a 'tiny wee', as she puts it. We are using stretchy type nappies at the moment (like Sandy's).
I am a qualified languages teacher, but after a hair-raising experience in a secondary school in Cornwall, am happier at home pottering about. My current projects are teaching myself Italian and making a Tudor dress for a re-enactment day at school. I am married to Clyde, who is a psychiatric nurse. Unfortunately he works very hard and doesn't know where the nappy box is.
Sorry about the ramble - can you tell I have been locked indoors with no adult company! Hello to anyone I have met from CNA.
Would love to meet anyone local - we are now living in Kent, near Dartford.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi Jenny and welcome. I am not in kent but there's one or two on here that are!!

I am Nicola, mummy to Emma who is 7 and Evie, my cloth bum, who is 28mths. I have been using cloth for 14 mths now and am very addicted too!! Evie is our last child though so once she's PT'd there'll be no more fluff......whatever will i do! :? :shock:

Look forward to chatting more with you both on nappies but also we have a good daily non nappy chat in Gen. chat too. Come and join us! :lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:30 pm

Hello Jenny and welcom. I am from Gravesend originally but alas, now living a long way away in Stockport. I have a little girl, similar age to you who loves sitting on the potty but has yet to actually do anything in it yet!
We also have a little boy on the way so lots more cloth nappying for us.
Look forward to chatting more and getting to know you.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Jenny
I'm Rae, and have 15 month old Kayleigh. Look forward to chatting.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi jenny and a big welcome to you!!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Hello!

welcome to the forum jenny!
I have 2 and 1/4 little ones in cloth at the moment!! and i have far too many nappies as I recently found when counting them all up :roll:

jan x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi Jenny,

I am Annette, mum to Benjamin in cloth since birth, childminder to loads when they come back after feb half term when my maternity leave finishes.

I also used to be a teacher (nursery and primary trained down at Marjon Plymouth, an have taught in cornwall too on teaching practices) another person here never to return to a classroom!

Oh yes, I live in South London and the members of here who could make it to Bluewater all had a meet up! My inlaws all live in Dartford!

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sjb2711 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:57 pm

Hello Jenny,

Welcome! Although orignally from the west country I now live in Kent too with my husband and two lovely boys!

Sarah

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:47 pm

HI and welcome Jenny :D

I'm Alison and have a 2yr old who has recently (well a few months ago now) potty trained and a 4yr old.

I'm in Maidstone in Kent so quite local really.

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers