Hello from Stockport & Nappy trial list

My avatar
freya
Clothie
Clothie

Hello from Stockport & Nappy trial list

Postby freya » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Hello there
My name is Freya and I was given the address of this forum by the lovely ladies at the Stockport Cloth Nappy group when i went along to one of their monthly meets last week.

They very all kindly helped me get a better idea of where to start with cloth :?
I had decided on a trial via Babykind and their advise has helped me put together a list and I now have my trial organised :D Cloth Nappies here I come....

I have a 6 week old baby girl called Ameila (Millie for short) and started researching cloth over six months ago...the more I looked, the more confused I became! I was told however that different nappies fit different babies better than others and that you have enough to get your head around in the first few weeks.....so here I am, having started researching again a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, here is the list of what I have requested to trial. I would be interested to hear your thoughts:

2 x swaddlebees organic velour size small
2 x swaddlebees organic cotton velour one size
1 x motherease one size
1 x motherease one size stay dry
2 x motherease one size bamboo
2 x bambineo size 1 nippa fastening
2 x bambineo size 1 applix fastening
1 x bambineo size 2 nippa fastening - to be adjusted to fit from birth to potty

1 x motherease airflow size small
2 x motherease rikki wrap size small

Bye for now
Freya

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi Freya!

I met you at the meet (I'm the one with the twins!)

nice to see you on here and welcome!

the list sounds good! I'm personally not a fan of onesize nappies but I know a few people who love them (Jules :lol: )

Also may I suggest you try the medium wraps instead of the small? Reason being is that the small don't fit for very long really and although the medium may be a little big to start, they will soon be grown into (and out of again!)!

jan x

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 pm

Hi Freya,

I live down south so I wasn't there ;) Hello and well done for getting the trial organised. I have only got an airflow wrap off your list but have been interested in the swaddlebee ov's.

Anyway, ask anything you like - everyone knows lots of useful stuff and look forward to talking more ..... :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Yay hello Freya. Glad you made it :D

Seems like a good start to me - if you need any help you can just shout :D

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Hello from Stockport & Nappy trial list

Postby Heather London » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Welcome Freya

My babies only lasted smalls a couple of months so I think non smalls are a better buy.

I tried a number of styles of nappies but my children were heavy wetters so I didnt like their bottoms always being wet so switched exclusively to pocket nappies where the fleece inside kept them always dry. The wee goes trhough the fleece lining into the absorbent bit in the pocket of a pocket nappy if you arent aware of how they work. I found Minkis, Fuzzis, Bear Behinds good and later Snap-Ez, Wee Notions and there are a lot of other newer ones now on the market!

I grew to hate aplix fastening nappies as the aplix always caught on other things and damaged some. So I think popper and nippa are best!

Hope your trial nappies go well and enjoy them!

Heather

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi Freya nice to see you here!!

I'm the mum of Isabelle the monkey :lol: Was nice to meet you at rumble in the jungle - you've got a very cute little girl!

Sounds like a good combination pack you've got there...

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi Freya, you're bound to get lots of good advice on here, so you've come to the right place. I've used the Bambineo nappy and liked that. My SIL bought a preloved set and they all looked so cute. Very good idea to try a selection. That's what I did at the beginning through Lollipop and have been using cloth on Liv for nearly 2 years. Even if you do settle on a selection, you may find that you change your stock as you go and it's good fun to buy and sell different nappies.
Jenny, mum to Stella (8), Ethan (10) and Livia (22 months)

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:34 am

Hello Freya
Welcome to CNT. I'm Rae, and have 15 month old Kayleigh. Look forward to chatting cloth nappies and other random things.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:58 am

Welcome Freya!

List looks pretty good! You'll probably end up having a mix of things as time goes by anyway!

Look forward to chatting! :D

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers