hello!

My avatar
horrigan87
Clothie
Clothie

hello!

Postby horrigan87 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:54 pm

hi all!

i joined this site after it being recommended to me by a fellow cloth nappy user. i dont really know where to start. my DS2 is 5 months and ive been buying lots of different nappy brands to see which ones suit my LO mostly from ebay. there are so many different nappies im a bit overwhelmed. also im finding im spending more than id like to on reuseable nappies so hopefully ill be able to find some on here. so far i have BGV3'S, mothercare smart nappies, a bambino mio, an AIO care bears one, a mommys touch one and tots bots easyfit ones. i think at the moment i prefer the pocket ones so will be looking to get some more and possibly sell some of my ones. i have 16 nappies. how many nappies does everyone else have? and whats the best night nappy? at the moment i am using disposables at night, until i find a good night nappy and sometimes in the day, although i dont like doing this. i also think my LO is an olimpic widdler so which nappies would be best for this. he is also quite small on the 9th centile. i didnt use cloth nappies with DS1 so would really like lots of advice!

thankyou
sophie :)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: hello!

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:06 am

:idea: Welcome to the tree! :cnthug:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:33 am

Hi and welcome!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Wham wrap

Postby g murphy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:19 am

Hi and welcome! My ds is small too under the 2nd centile. This can be a bonus! We are just starting to out grow the size 1 nappies @ 18 months old! We have about 30 nappies at to minute consisting of little lambs, fuzzies, sandies totsbots and coolababys.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:41 am

horrigan87 wrote:how many nappies does everyone else have? and whats the best night nappy? at the moment i am using disposables at night, until i find a good night nappy and sometimes in the day, although i dont like doing this. i also think my LO is an olimpic widdler so which nappies would be best for this. he is also quite small on the 9th centile. i didnt use cloth nappies with DS1 so would really like lots of advice!

thankyou
sophie :)

:idea: Sophie and welcome to the tree.

As for advice I will try and help as much as I can.

1. How many nappies? This depends on how often you wash and what materials your nappies are made from. BG for example can be washed daily as they will dry overnight as their microfibre inserts dry out quickly. If you have nappies made from bamboo as well as boosters and inserts made from hemp or bamboo then they will take longer to dry (can be up to a couple of days on an airer). 20 is a good number as this will give you enough to be able to wash every few days.

However, be warned!! Cloth nappy addiction usually results in you owning ALOT of nappies :giggle: I have around 60 and there are ladies on the forum with far more than that :wink:

2. Nappies for heavy wetters - bamboo and hemp are the most absorbent materials for nappies. Microfibre is good for drying quickly but is nowhere near as good as soaking up huge amounts of liquid. If you like pockets then I would look to stuff them with a combo of bamboo and hemp. Petite d'souss go great bamboo inserts: http://www.babykind.co.uk/pocketnappyin ... mbooinsert and these combined with an Easy Peasy hemp booster are brilliant: http://www.babykind.co.uk/boostersandli ... #hempjersy.

As for different kinds of pockets: I stick with BG mostly as I find them bombproof. I have also tried Weentions pockets, Blueberry onesize and Swaddlebees eco-nappis. I have ready good things about Greenkids and Coolababys but have not tried them myself.I think with pockets it comes down to whether your prefer poppers or aplix as they are only as good as what they are stuffed with.

3. Night nappies - I would avoid pockets for this as they don't make great night nappies. Your best option is a fitted nappy combined with wool or fleece or a wrap as you can add extra boosters to tailor you own absorbency requirements. Great night nappies to try are Weenotions Night Notions, Luscious Little Somethings (you can add extra layers when buying so that you have the best absorbency for your LO with these), Wild Child Dreamy nappies, Holdens Landing bedbugs (these nappies are super yummy but they don't always suit heavy wetters and can be expensive),

Hope all this helps. Have fun finding nappies to suit your LO :D

Return to Welcome Newcomers