complete newbie :-)

My avatar
Rowesb
Clothie
Clothie

complete newbie :-)

Postby Rowesb » Sun May 16, 2010 6:16 pm

:idea: everyone, I'm Rowesb, and 6 months pregnant with our first

I am really interested in getting to grips with cloth after things have settled down, and am just figuring out where to start. It all seems so daunting (I can hear you all giggle at me!!)

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: complete newbie :-)

Postby clairelou88 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:25 pm

:idea: welcome,
congrats on :pregnant:
i didnt start CD with alister till he was 3mnths once you get into the swing of things with the right nappies that are good for you and a good wash routine it easy peasy!

My avatar
Rowesb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Rowesb » Sun May 16, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks Clairelou,
I think it is the 'finding the right nappies' that scares me... but then that is why I am here now lol, lots of time!!

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Sun May 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Hello :cnthug:

It's not as daunting as you might think, once you get to grips with it all lol!

Have a look through the classifieds section- you can pick up a lot of bargains there and you'll be able to try out a lot of different types and makes of nappies to see what suits you and your lo best :)

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:15 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun May 16, 2010 7:21 pm

:idea:

Welcome to the wonderful world of cloth! Congrats on your :pregnant:

I am Tory, mummy to Megan who is 3.5yrs and Kieren who is 1 :) Both have been cloth bums and its not that daunting once you get your head around it all. Classifieds is great for getting cheap nappies to try out before you buy and for the tiny stage when they are growing so fast :) when both of mine were small we used motherease sandies, extra small and small thirsties fab fitteds, diddy diapers, bamboo lovables, bamboo little lambs :) But then im a fitted/shaped nappy person and dont use pocket nappies :)

Good luck in your search! :wine:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun May 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Hiya and welcome to the tree. I'm sure we all felt a bit daunted at some point, but you don't have to convert to cloth nappies full time immediatly - just take it at your own pace.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun May 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Hello. I think we can all sympathise with a hunt to find the perfect nappy. Good luck but be warned it becomes addictive.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Mon May 17, 2010 5:10 pm

:idea: :idea: and welcome to the :cnthug: .

I am Gemma mummy to Harry who is 19 months old. We started to use cloth at 6 months and haven't looked back! xx I thoroughly recommend looking at the classifieds :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers