hf1

Good morning

My avatar
irishmel
Clothie
Clothie

Good morning

Postby irishmel » Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 am

Good morning all, I am mummy to two little girls of 1 month and 14 months. I have been using fuzzi bunz and tots bots with my older girl and am about to try pop-ins with my newborn (when she fits them!) I love using cloth nappies, though will admit to using disposables at night as my older girl is a very heavy wetter and a great sleeper, and I have only managed to get her dry through the night once using cloth. I also tend to use them when out and about, as my nappy bag is so full (especially at the moment with enough clothes, toys and food for 2!) I don't have the space to carry lots of dirty nappies around and as my daughter barely survives 2 1/2 hrs in her cloth nappies, there is often not the opportunity to change her that often (e.g. if on a drive) and we would need a lot for a day out. I am about to start trying other brands as advertised here to see if I can find one that will do her a little longer for night time and day trips. All suggestions welcome! I am trying the pop-ins with my younger daughter as the fuzzi bunz and tots bots both seem to gape at my older daughters legs, causing several changed vests a day. I have tried different micro fiber and bamboo inserts and am trialing new ones as I type to see if they will be more absorbant. :babyrolleyes: Again, all suggestions welcome!

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Good morning

Postby Vicki » Sun May 30, 2010 9:43 am

Hello :idea:

It sounds like the fuzzis are overstuffed if they are gaping - but you also need the absorbency so tricky to get a balance with them.

Would recommend bamboo two parters for best absorbency - BabyBots does a range of bamboo including little lambs which are very reasonable price and also they do some lovely new nappies called monkey snuggles.

Would also recommend a monkeyfoot wet bag to chuck all your dirty nappies in - can hang it on handle of pushchair.

HTH

Vicki

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun May 30, 2010 9:48 am

Hi Mel :idea:
Not sure about heavy wetter day nappies, but for night time we use either slinki minkis or standard minkis, both made by "nappies by minki". They're basically very roomy, fleece outer pockets with more than enough room for any amount of absorbancy. There are also a lot of dedicated night nappies that lots of people on here use, I'm sure someone else will be along shortly with more advice :lol: .

I agree with Vicki about the monkeyfoot wetbags, they come in some huge sizes and are great to hang on the buggy on a day out, and they look very pretty too, so you're not stuck with some horrible utilitarian looking bag.

Are you in Ireland? Whereabouts? There's a few others of us here too, I'm in Dublin :) Look forward to talking to you.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun May 30, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Mel :idea:

Are you in Ireland? I'm in Cork. Have a look around the forum. We generally suggest trying lots of different nappies until you find what suits your lo. Classifieds is a great place to try out different nappies.

I have a heavy wetter & find fitted nappies work best for us. Pockets don't last very long & when we do us them we stuff them with a bamboo petit dessous insert & an easy peasy hemp booster. That seem to be the best combination for heavy wetters but they still don't last as long as fitted nappies.

As for night nappies, a standard or slinky minki with 2 of each of the inserts & boosters above might work. There are also alot of WAHM who make dedicated night nappies. I find that WAHM nappies are by far the best nappies.

There is also a review section that you might find handy when thinking about trying new nappies.

My avatar
irishmel
Clothie
Clothie

Postby irishmel » Sun May 30, 2010 12:58 pm

Thanks for your replies, I tried a tots bots bamboo booster in the fuzzi earlier, but it had leaked after 2.5 hrs. Her highness is having a nap now with 2 of them in with the standard pocket liner, so we will see how that works! Where can I get the minky nappies and inserts you recommend? I had hoped one type of nappy would fit all seasons, but clearly not!

I am from Dublin originally, but live in London now.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Mon May 31, 2010 4:08 pm

:idea: and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic