hf1

Hello from luscious Kent - I want Didymos!

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Hello from luscious Kent - I want Didymos!

Postby wytch » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:47 pm

:idea: :idea: hello from kent also and welcome to the addictive tree!

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Audrey wrote:Lisa, we get an air show too. I managed to miss the Red Arrows flying directly down our street, engines blaring, smoke all pumping - TWICE! I was a wee bit occupied in the loo... Re birth, we're hopefully having a home birth, and (love you Frankie) I've ordered a birth pool (love you lots) one of those eco birth pool in a box ones (lots and lots baby) I won it on eBay last night (it's got a liner with it). I hope it gets here before the baby does. And I thought for the first few nappies we'd use disposables. Ain't no way they getting meconium on my cloth :mrgreen: and then I might use a bambinex with an ocean mother ease (or is it air flow?) wrap, but only cos the Blueberry creamy fluff AIO with blue and brown spots probably won't fit :lol:

There's a thread in general chat I think about meconium on nappies, it does come out easily and doesn't stain apparently :D I think I used disposables the first few days while in hospital but swapped to terries as soon as I came out with Kellan. Am jealous of your birth pool :D Nearly had a water birth with dd but she got stuck so I had to get out :(

ETA
Sarah-P wrote:I'm new too - I'm Sarah with 6, expecting our 7th in December :pregnant:
Hope all goes well with the birth.....not long to go now!

:notworthy: Wow, when do you have time for anything?!

My avatar
Audrey
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Audrey » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:43 pm

[/quote]
There's a thread in general chat I think about meconium on nappies, it does come out easily and doesn't stain apparently :D I think I used disposables the first few days while in hospital but swapped to terries as soon as I came out with Kellan. Am jealous of your birth pool :D Nearly had a water birth with dd but she got stuck so I had to get out [/quote]

Thanks Lisa, hey you're just starting on the long wait too, congratulations :wine: Love your signature, your sproggies look gorgeous - how do you find time to do anything? Jealous of you and Sarah :) We'd like more, we're trying for another straight away after this one, well, in theory anyway. I'm soooo chuft, I got lovely muslins and used nappies from Claireandbepar for postage, I can make lots of prefold little newborn nappies and try out all my different wraps.

Wytch, Sadie and Sarah - congratulations :pregnant: (I was trying to watch telly while posting last night, sorry :blush:) Hope you all have wonderful stress free pregnancies

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:54 pm

:idea: Hello Audrey. Not long to go now, how exciting!

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:57 pm

hello:) :idea: :idea: :idea:
Enjoy ur last days of peace and quiet. :wink:
And be careful about didymos, wraps are more expensive than nappies, and addictive as well;)
I ve got three didymos and waiting for the fourth one, yeah, silly me :x
and there are other wraps :twisted: :twisted:

My avatar
Audrey
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Audrey » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Ooh, what ones do you have Malina? Every time I read something new I change my mind what the best ones are. I wanted silk blend for a while, and fishes, then geckos, then I read yesterday that Rosalinde or Robert are recommended, there were a couple of others but I forget their names, there's so many of them ! :shock: And if nappies are anything to go by - I can cloth bottom Britain forever now - I'll never have any money again. What am I saying, sproggy'll be here soon, I'll never have any money again anyway :giggle: Talking of which, I've seen people post pictures of their stash and they have 15 and 20 didys. You're catching up with them... :wink:

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Audrey, I don't even want to have catch up :wink: LO is almost a year and i got only four :hohoho:
I got aare, 6, cotton one --love the colours, it was our first and was supposed to be only one :roll:
geckos antiqua, 5 --so my colours, i just love it, esp the green side! a bit thick so perfect for cooler days and is carring LO so well, even she's getting heavier and heavier;)
snow flakes, 5,with wool, bought for winter, i love it more and more!
agave, 4, so thin, so perfect for summer,so beautiful, wish i had it when the summer begun...
I guess, i would love to have few more, maybe red leaves, silk red birds, woolen katja, some waves are so pretty, jack or stendhal. Not sure about indio, never had one..
Rosalinde is with linen, i would get something more soft for LO for winter though.
And remember, there are some others so pretty and not from Didymos;) I love ellevill ones, such a beauty! or girasol, esp some limited edditions...
well, i wish i was rich :hohoho: Then i would have slings and nappies just to look at. Or stroke them:D :D

My avatar
Audrey
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Audrey » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:19 am

malina wrote:Audrey, I don't even want to have catch up :wink: LO is almost a year and i got only four :hohoho:
I got aare, 6, cotton one --love the colours, it was our first and was supposed to be only one :roll:
geckos antiqua, 5 --so my colours, i just love it, esp the green side! a bit thick so perfect for cooler days and is carring LO so well, even she's getting heavier and heavier;)
snow flakes, 5,with wool, bought for winter, i love it more and more!
agave, 4, so thin, so perfect for summer,so beautiful, wish i had it when the summer begun...
I guess, i would love to have few more, maybe red leaves, silk red birds, woolen katja, some waves are so pretty, jack or stendhal. Not sure about indio, never had one..
Rosalinde is with linen, i would get something more soft for LO for winter though.
And remember, there are some others so pretty and not from Didymos;) I love ellevill ones, such a beauty! or girasol, esp some limited edditions...
well, i wish i was rich :hohoho: Then i would have slings and nappies just to look at. Or stroke them:D :D

Ooh, your stash sounds gorgeous, I like the sound of your snowflakes one, I like the sound of all of them :drool: I had to talk myself out a wool mix because it's a certainty it would get shrunk in my house :laundry:, would love katje wool though, or wooly birds, I like the reds same as you..... but..... been on the didymos specials page til my eyes hurt :shock: and..... I've got a didymos :wine: Not red though. I've ordered blue steel fishies (I think) size 7, which is a bit too big, but it was on special, so hubby said go on then. Am going to post massive pictures and jump up and down when it finally gets here, if sproggy hasn't got here first. Of course, it's half linen, so I'll have to get a cotton one for the winter, (just so sproggy's warm you understand) :wink: have to research ellevill and girasol now

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers