Hullo from elliebear! Having a big change of cloth nappies

My avatar
elliebear
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elliebear » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Hullo to everyone!
Lovely to find such a friendly and cloth-nappy-luvin' site, just wish I had known about it before Maddie was born!
I am just in the process of completely starting again with a new nappy system at 15 months, so here is my story:

I made the classic mistake, having inherited a few nappies from friends/family, of building up a collection based on what I had already got. This was before Maddie arrived, so I didn't have a clue what was going to work. Luckily I got most of them second-hand or discounted, so hadn't spent an awful lot. :-?
I got:
Wonderoo (version 1) nappies in gorgeous rainbow colours (even chocolate with pink spots!!)
Motherease one-size nappies + a handful of Motherease airflow wraps
I was using Wonderoos during the day, and Motherease nappies/wraps at night.

Both systems were OK but not great. Nothing wrong with the nappies, I think they are both good systems, but unfortunately they just didn't suit Maddie very well. Just like me, she has inherited a teeny waist (lovely) but also good size chunky thighs (not quite so lovely) ... so when they were done up as snug as possible on the thighs, they were still gaping off her waist.

Added to that she is a very heavy wetter. The airflow wraps were great, never leaking even when the nappies could be wrung out. The wonderoos didn't do so well, they were regularly leaking by about the 3 hour mark, you can imagine how hacked off I was with it all. But still determined not to use disposables!

The babykind website (http://www.babykind.co.uk) has been a fantastic source of information and advice. I told them all the troubles I was having, they advised a range of nappies that might be suitable, and I have just finished a nappy trial with them. I would really recommend it, I now have the peace of mind of knowing that when my new nappies arrive they will be perfect!

I have decided to go with Bambinex bamboo nappies and I am staying with the Motherease airflow wraps. Maddie just wets too heavily to make any kind of pocket/AIO/AI2 nappy viable (I tried plenty, and with lots of different boosters, etc.) The only sad bit is saying goodbye to all those lovely Wonderoo colours :( But it is worth it just to know I won't be changing clothes twice a day :D

So that's me ... definitely a cloth nappy addict!!!!!!!!! :wave:
Last edited by elliebear on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi elliebear. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Hullo from elliebear! Having a big change of cloth nappies

Postby g murphy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:32 pm

:wave: :wave: and welcome hunnie. x

Return to Welcome Newcomers