Cloth Beginner

My avatar
drummy
Clothie
Clothie

Cloth Beginner

Postby drummy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 am

Hello all

I'm Vicx (24) mum of 2 (Ewan 4 and Molly 14 months) i'm a SAHM :)

I'm a complete newbie to cloth, but i am going to give it a proper shot. Also going to try re-usable wipes!

We have baby #3 due in june and with a 14month DD in nappies already it means we'll most likely have 2 in nappies at the same time.

We did use re-usable training pants on DS and they were fab, he was trained by age 3 even tho he has communication problems (still have them and plan to use them again when DD is ready)

DD has an intollerance to milk so we get some pretty massive nappy explosions if someone gives her something she cant have, which also causes the most horrendous nappy rash! I'm hoping to find a nappy that can not only contain the explosion but help with the rash afterwards (disposibles do neither). Shes also a heavy wetter.

I have been doing some research and have some fab friends who already use cloth, who incidently pointed me in this direction, but i'm sure i will be using this board for the many questions i'm sure to have.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cloth Beginner

Postby Caroline » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:35 am

:wave: Welcome to the Tree. Ask as many questions as you have to, the ladies here are all very knowledgeable :D

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:36 am

Hi :wave:

Welcome to the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 am

drummy wrote:Hello all

I'm Vicx (24) mum of 2 (Ewan 4 and Molly 14 months) i'm a SAHM :)

I'm a complete newbie to cloth, but i am going to give it a proper shot. Also going to try re-usable wipes!

We have baby #3 due in june and with a 14month DD in nappies already it means we'll most likely have 2 in nappies at the same time.

We did use re-usable training pants on DS and they were fab, he was trained by age 3 even tho he has communication problems (still have them and plan to use them again when DD is ready)

DD has an intollerance to milk so we get some pretty massive nappy explosions if someone gives her something she cant have, which also causes the most horrendous nappy rash! I'm hoping to find a nappy that can not only contain the explosion but help with the rash afterwards (disposibles do neither). Shes also a heavy wetter.

I have been doing some research and have some fab friends who already use cloth, who incidently pointed me in this direction, but i'm sure i will be using this board for the many questions i'm sure to have.

it sounds like fitted nappies and wraps might be a good option for you with the poo explosions :wink:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi :wave:
Welcome to the Tree! :cnthug:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:17 pm

littlesez wrote:it sounds like fitted nappies and wraps might be a good option for you with the poo explosions :wink:

WSS! 2 lines of defence then :giggle:

Welcome! :D

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:27 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:29 pm

:wave: Vicx and welcome to the Tree :cnthug:

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 pm

:wave: Hey, the tree is great, so helpful!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers