Newbie cloth mummy to be.

My avatar
Cymraegpixie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Cymraegpixie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi ladies.

I'm Rachel, I'm 28, married and we're expecting our first. My due date is the 7th July 2011 and we are firmly on team yellow.

Ive worked as a nanny and nursery nurse since leaving school so I'm well rehearsed in the art of nappy changing and have worked with cloth in the past. I'm a vegetarian who likes to use all natural products around the house, so cloth was a very natural decision for me. I never really considered disposables. I'm a bit of a hippy at heart although I do like my home comforts. My iPhone is never far from my hand! My hubby is very open to using cloth, on the condition that I only buy new and not preloved. Preloved doesn't faze me in the slightest, but I want to keep him sweet on cloth so I'm adhering to his only condition.

We have two cats, a tabby called Lottie and a ginger and white kitten called Jasper who may or may not be gender confused as despite the name, she's actually a girl! We were told that she was a boy but when I took her to the vets for a check up a week later, I was told she was a girl. It was too late by then, the name had stuck. It suits her though.

I currently work as a nanny for a family with six children. % boys aged 9, 8, 6, 5 and 3 and a girl aged 2. I only have 8 weeks left as I'm 22 weeks pregnant and am leaving at 30 weeks. I've had the youngest 3 from birth and have been there for 5 1/2 years.

I am a complete bookworm, love listening to music (particularly rock and metal), watching films and getting addicted to certain TV shows (Lost, 24 and Prison Break to name a couple of offenders). I love acting and generall being a part of the theatre. Last year I was involved in 4 different productions, the final of which went up in the middle of January. I played Maid Marion in a pantomime version of Robin Hood. That will be my final production until the next panto now as I can forsee this year being a touch busy! I used to attaend trampolining classes twice a week but gave it up when we started TTC as I didn't want to pose any risk to a potential baby. My main hobby these days is playing poker. Hubby and I play in a league every week and tomorrow the bump and I are off to Bristol to play in the Regional Finals as I qualified for a place this season. Hubby finished about 10 places below me (insert slightly smug grin here). I also LOVE my Words with friends app on my iPhone so if anyone has it, feel free to start a game with me. My user name is the same as on here.

As you might of guessed, I like to chat!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and having someone other than my hubby and best friend to chat to about cloth. Hubby's interest is fading by the day!

Rach xx

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi Cymraegpixie. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Newbie cloth mummy to be.

Postby monsterm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Rach & welcome to the tree :cnthug:

Stick around & your dh will very quickly become open to pre-loved nappies. Buying nappies can be very addictive & you will see alot of pretty WAHM nappies that you will have to buy on here & the paypal gets a massive hit. At the very top of the page is "wahm wonders". Click it & have a browse at the gorgeous nappies there.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:41 pm

:wave: and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mummy2threeboys » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:59 pm

:wave:

Welcome to the :cnthug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 pm

welcome to the tree! :wave: congrats on your pregnancy!! Im a fellow nursery nurse :D

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi Rachel, nice to see another Welshie :wine: Congratulations on your yellow bump and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Hello :wave:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado