Newbie needs help!

My avatar
ladywarb
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie needs help!

Postby ladywarb » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi ladies
I'm a mum of three from North Wales, I have dabbled with cloth nappies for all my sprogs but have never gone full time! I have decided to go the whole hog with babyK (my youngest 18mths) but I'm struggling to find something to cope with nightime wetting!! We use prefolds with wraps but when I've tried to put boosters in or go up a size then they gape at the leg :roll:
I really dont want to use dispoables at night, but I dont want my baby girl to wake up wet every morn!!

Thanks for reading girls!!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Newbie needs help!

Postby Caroline » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:55 pm

What do you use during the day that works well?

My avatar
ladywarb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ladywarb » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:42 pm

We use cotton bottoms prefolds and wraps, thanks for replying!! :D

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:56 pm

We really like cotton bottoms but find that the rise is too short to cope with the volume of a night nappy. I would recommend getting a Thirsties wrap or two. They have a much higher rise and can contain a big fat night nappy. Boosted bamboo little lambs work really well at night for us but other mums might have some better solutions for the nappy part. I think a lot of mums also use wool at night so that's something to think about too.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi there :wave:

Sounds like your bubs isn't a massive wetter. She would probably do well with a little lamb bamboo, tots bot bamboozle or another nappy along the same lines. I am not very familiar with prefolds but I am wondering if you would be able to stuff with a petit dessous bamboo double insert & an easy peasy hemp booster? That would definately help you go all night but I don't know if the insert would be too big.

I would also encourage you to try wool soakers at night time. They are breathable & allow the moisture to evaporate. This means your nappy will be able to cope much better with the volume of wee. It also means that baby won't be sweaty & won't crinkle everytime she moves.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 pm

When we were new to night nappies I just put a wanted post in the classifieds section and picked up about 7 night nappies to try out, and some wraps. We use 5 of them on a regular basis, and 2 are good for long car journeys and such. We like Bedbugs at the mo, and oh I can't remember the name of the other one, but looks similar to a Bedbug! Sorry, not much help, I have pregnancy brain! :hohoho:

ETA Hollow Oak are the other night nappies we like at the moment :wink:
Last edited by Bluebell on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:07 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Return to Welcome Newcomers