Hi from Mid Wales :D

My avatar
glovecat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby glovecat » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi,
Just been recommended this site by a mummy friend... It's great, I love it already! I had Megan, my first baby, in September last year and used washable nappies from day one, it just seemed like the most sensible thing to do! :D
The day after our induction, the paedeotrician couldn't figure out how to undo the Little Lamb nappy we had her in, which was quite funny (also quite worrying, are washables THAT rare?!) - he said "Is it sort of like a nappy or something?" Strange.

Anyway, since the Little Lambs, I have moved on to pocket nappies (Fuzzis in particular are my favourites) which seem so much more comfortable, less bulky, and quicker to dry!

Not sure what else to say, other than a bit about me, I guess - I was a full time musician before we had Megan, now we live on a smallholding and are trying our best to become self-sufficient in food and energy (so lots of digging about now!) - I love growing vegetables and my partner shoots the odd rabbit or pheasant for the pot... Also I see that there are quite a few knitters on here - I love knitting and doing crafty things, even though nowadays there isn't so much time for that, ha ha :shock:

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Last edited by glovecat on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi glovecat. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Hi from Mid Wales :D

Postby angelsquidge » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:14 pm

:wave: and welcome to CNT. I'm loving how many Welshies are here now :wine:

My avatar
glovecat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby glovecat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:51 am

Hello ladies! :wave:
Am enjoying browsing the classifieds (and snapping up far too many bargains, hee hee) - can either of you advise me on where to find collated info about night nappies? Am feeling inspired to try them - started using horrible evil pampers/huggies for night use from about the second month, as the nappy rash and night changes were destroying me :nonono: . Now ready to investigate doing it properly! :yahoo:

Any advice would be great, or pointing to me an already existing thread along the same theme!
Cheers!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:39 am

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:54 pm

There's quite a few threads in "cloth nappy chat" about night nappies.....have a look through those and I bet a lot of your questions can be answered :wink:

My avatar
glovecat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby glovecat » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:02 am

angelsquidge wrote:There's quite a few threads in "cloth nappy chat" about night nappies.....have a look through those and I bet a lot of your questions can be answered :wink:

Thanks for that, you're right, I've been looking around and have found all sorts of interesting info re night nappies. Have bought a Bambooty from a lady on here, so keeping an eye on the postbox hoping it will arrive soon :D

Funny, I think Megan knows it too, last night for the first time she managed to go through the whole night without feeding, so there was much less wee than usual anyway, which is a good start :hohoho:

What NNs do you personally find to work for your LOs?

My avatar
happygolucky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby happygolucky » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Hello from Carmarthen!
I use a bamboozle stretch with a motherease wrap at night, I used to boost it with a little lamb bamboo booster as well when DD2 was still feeding at night but now she sleeps through she isn't so wet at night. I also use Ella's house bumhuggers again with a motherease wrap. They have a fleece lining and are hemp so very absorbant and have a pocket for further boosting.
Sarah x

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:35 am

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers