Hello new to fluff :o)

My avatar
kathryn1512
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kathryn1512 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Hello
Im Kathryn 25 Mummy to Elisia Aug 08 and Sophia Dec 10 my Cloth bottomed baby.

Im new to cloth i looked into it a bit with my first but the cost upfront put me off as i didn't know about getting pre-loved. I made my first purchase on ebay and im quite gutted with what i got as they are very well loved and one it a bit stained and didnt have all the inserts they should. Having learnt that mistake i have since brought some LL on here and others from BC.

Sophia has so far tested BGv3, tots bots pocket with cotton insert, ll size 1(we like these) and tots bots easy-fit (we like these too) what can you recommend for a heavy wetter with very limited dry space.

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi kathryn1512. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi kathryn1512. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Hello new to fluff :o)

Postby Cj2011 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi & welcome :wave:

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 pm

:wave: Welcome! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with ebay. Did you take it up with the seller? It is actually against ebay's terms and conditions to sell used nappies there so if you were unhappy, you'd have a strong case for a refund.

Totsbots Easyfits are good for a moderately heavy wetter. Or anything that is boosted with hemp, bamboo or zorb is good really. All of these are much more absorbent than cotton or microfibre

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi Kathryn & Welcome to the tree :cnthug:

What Little Lamb do you have? Cotton, microfibre or bamboo? If you don't already have one, the bamboos are great. Lots of people seem to get on quite well with the easyfits & they are a popular choice. The tots bots bamboozle stretch also seems to be a good nappy. The outers of the Bumgenius are fantastic but we swap out the inserts for more absorbant ones. Do you think you would prefer a pocket or fitted? There are so many brands & types of nappies to choose from so have a look around the forum & ask any questions you might have.

My avatar
kathryn1512
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kathryn1512 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks for the welcomes :o)
Im not sure which i like more the ease of the tots bots is great and the LL are good too.
Im not sure i think they are mircrofiber the LL they dont look like bamboo.
I think i will keep buying different sorts to try out then set on the few brands that work best.

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:12 am

hello and welcome! My first baby is 6weeks old so I'm new to cloth too. I'm loving trying all different types of nappies (pockets, fitteds, aio and ai2's and flats) and asking for advice on here. Have you considered trying a flip? I've found them reliable, easy and quick drying. Just a wee idea! There is LOTS to choose from! K

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:30 am

kathryn1512 wrote:Im not sure i think they are mircrofiber the LL they dont look like bamboo.

Microfibre is white & bamboo is cream/yellow. Definately get some bamboo nappies. They are great for night time with lighter wetters which you seem to have :wine:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers