Postby bekhi1983 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi and welcome :wave:

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Saying Hello

Postby Cadiva » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Hello and welcome. I found that trial packs with two or three different style nappies were the best way for us to figure out which were the best to use on our little one.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:12 am

hi amanda, what a lovely story!
welcome to cnt, ask away if you have any questions.
you've seen the classifieds on here? there is also www.thenappysite.co.uk and www.usednappies.co.uk which both do very cheap nappies. as another post said, it's perhaps better to buy a couple of each type to see what works best. the big savings are in reusable wipes - i'd recommend fully bamboo ones (even without the fleece on one side) but perhaps that's only personal preference. and if you're washing nappies you may as well even try cloth sanitary protection (csp) haha! xxx

My avatar
Dochka
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Dochka » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:18 am

Hi and thanks for all the wonderful welcomes :mrgreen: What a wonderfully friendly site this is!

I had been told by another friend to have a selection rather than too many of one type of nappy but didn't realise microfibre weren't so great for heavy wetters. What a lot a have to learn, and yet so exciting to be learning it all!

As for cloth sanitary protection... I actually bought some a few years back just as the doctors stopped my periods to try and control my Endometriosis (which didn't work, well stopping my periods worked but it didn't stop the Endo!) But I've decided after years of intense hormonal treatments to let me body have a break and do what it's going to do after baby is born so I am excited to try using csp :yahoo: I am all for reusable and earth-friendly products so am planning on getting reusable wipes and breast pads as well. My sister-in-law says I'm an "Earth Mama" as if it is a bad thing (totally opposite to her way of life) but I am quite proud of that, even if she did mean it in a less-than-complimentary way :giggle:

Thanks again for the extremely warm welcome. I'm really excited about spending more time here. I am slowly browsing my way through the different sections as well as the pre-loved nappy sites and the classifieds on here :thumbsup:

Amanda xx

Also, YES definitely take cloth to day care... some of the staff will think its weird no matter how cool it is, but I fell in love with it instantly :D

My avatar
auburn miss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby auburn miss » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:10 pm

hi new here myself x

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi! And welcome!
I started on the cloth nappies, and within 3 months had also converted to csp! Sp far has completely stopped my period pain, so I"m loving it!
We have only bought 2 nappies brand new, the rest have been from classifieds here. I have found everyone on cnt to be soooo friendly and helpful-and not just with nappy related issues!

Kirsty x

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:14 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers