Hello from wet Kent!

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Hello from wet Kent!

Postby rachyrach » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:36 am

Hello

My name is Rachel and I live in Kent with hubby and 9 month old Hannah.
Tried cloth when Hannah was born, had popolini and motherease wraps but just couldn't cope with it all so early on. :oops:
Kept wanting to try again, and after much lurking on forums deciphering all the abbreviations, evenings info gathering on nappy websites and a very smelly fly infested wheelie bin over the summer, have taken the plunge and gone for pockets.

My handbag fetish which cannot really be justified anymore has now been replaced by nappies.....and am loving it!

So far i have a wonderoo, a tots bots pocket tots, a weenotions on order and awaiting delivery of a greenkids and a swaddlebee. Am looking to get an itti bitti d'lish and a blueberry ss next!

Mind boggling all the different types and different inserts available so am really looking forward to getting some advice!
Thanks for reading!
Rachel :bf:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Hello from wet Kent!

Postby babyroo » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:09 am

Hi Rachel and welcome to you and hannah.

I'm Ali, mum to a 3 and 4 yr old so not using nappies on them anymore but I do use them on the children I childmind. I look forward to chatting more and getting to know you - it's very friendly here :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:59 am

Hi Rachel and welcome. Glad you have got back into the nappies and are enjoying it. You will find something in common with Nic and her handbag obsession :hohoho:

Look forward to chatting more :D

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi Rachel, hope you enjoy browsing/chatting on here. I'm from Kent too - Wilmington, near Dartford. I have 3 kids, my youngest, Liv, has been in cloth. She is now potty trained but I'm really glad to have a small selection of cloth nappies left for night times. It would seem such a waste to be chucking away those trainer pant type things every morning, even when not wet...
I know what you mean about the fetish - my latest fascination is sling buying/babywearing.
Hope you get on well with the new nappies you have.
Jenny x

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachyrach » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Thanks for your messages.....mission accomplished..... am now proud owner of preloved pink itti bitti d'lish!
Hooray! :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Hello there Rachel, and welcome to the tree.
Glad that you managed to get an itti bitti to add to your collection. I'm sure this is the right place to get another addiction. I'm Rae, and have Kayleigh who is almost 2 in nappies. Look forward to chatting.

Return to Welcome Newcomers