My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Hi everyone

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi there & welcome to the tree!
Ask as many questions as you want.
LookIng forward to you as you build up your stash!

My avatar
sleepymummy
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sleepymummy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:37 pm

:wave: welcome to the tree
I used cloth on my youngest from a few says old, my favs were xs sandies and terries but my OH prefered the teeny fits (more like dispo's I suppose so easier for him to use )
I dont really think I've had any good comments about using cloth from anyone in the real world (all think its too much fuss :roll: ) but stick with it if thats what you want, I promise you'll be glad if you do (although your bank balance might not once you see all the beautiful fluff :giggle: )

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:08 am

:wave: welcome :-)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:51 am

:wave: I mostly used pockets on my LO but we only started from 7 months and from what I hear the two part systems are easier for containment on tinies........

I had a lot of good comments about our cloth use but then ours were very pretty :giggle: and easy to use. Remember that a lot of people will see your choice as somehow criticising their choice to use disposables so that's where a lot of the negativity comes from :wink:

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Hello :wave:
elcome to the tree - this is such a lovely place - and you will get brilliant advice on so many things... and def not just fluffy nappy related. Life, partners, work, diet, stress, etc......!!!

Remember that a lot of people will see your choice as somehow criticising their choice to use disposables so that's where a lot of the negativity comes from :wink:

^^this!!! i had a group of mummy friends, and when we decided to start using cloth with our daughter (at 6 months) a lot of them were very negative and too be honest, a bit nasty... but i definitely see now that it was because they felt like i was saying that they were wrong for keeping their lo's in disposables..
there have been times when we have gone back into dispo's, esp in the early days (hubby would wobble if on his own!!) and it took us a while to build up our stash (which is still modest compared to some of the lovely ladies on here.....)

Sorry to ramble!
(Please be aware for how addictive fluff can become..... and then there's wool.... and babywearing......!!!!)

Kirsty x

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers