hf1

Hello!

My avatar
claire281
Clothie
Clothie

Hello!

Postby claire281 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi! I'm Claire and my first baby is due on Friday - aaaagh!!
I've decided I want to use cloth nappies, despite all my family and friends thinking I'm crazy.
I am all ready completely obsessed with cloth nappies and can't wait to try them out. In order to try different things to start with I've got some Modern Baby Pop-In nappies, some eco Bumbles, a couple of Motherease wraps and the cutest Upsy Daisy BTP pocket. Has anyone got any recommendations for newborn nappies or for inserts for the pockets (do newborns need much for a nappy insert or will a muslin cloth be okay?)
I'm so excited but ultimately clueless! x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Hello!

Postby beck » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi there Claire

How exciting! Only 2 days to go :D

A muslin cloth should be fine for a newborn as they get changed that often anyway, I used mainly microfibre inserts. I used Green kids Pockets folded down for my little boy when he was newborn but he was a big boy. I used alot of Oz wahms too.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:10 am

Hi and welcome Claire. Look forward to hearing all about your little arrival and your venture into cloth.

For a newborn, I liked Little Lamb nappies, Bumgenius and Happy Heiny onesize pockets and for a bit of luxury, how about trying a Weenotions onesize?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Welcome Claire,
I'm Rae, and I started in cloth with a set of little lambs, and they worked so well for us. Now I couldn't use them any more because they are just too boring white. Birth to potty nappies like Bumgenius are also worth keeping in your stash. Look forward to chatting.

Return to Welcome Newcomers