hf1

Hi from me and Bethany

My avatar
YumMum
Clothie
Clothie

Hi from me and Bethany

Postby YumMum » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:34 am

Hi, I'm completely new to cloth nappies, I am hoping to switch to cloth with my 1 year old (on Thurs) baby girl, Bethany. I considered it during pregnancy, however they were a little out of our price range, and the OH wasn't to keen on the idea. Now she's nearly a year old, I think I'm brave enough. We don't need to change her as often now, so hopefully it should be good. I've been looking at AIO and pocket nappies to start with. But like I said, I am completely new to this and a little taken-aback by all the types available! :shock:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Hi from me and Bethany

Postby KimmyM » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:37 am

Hello and welcome to the tree and questions please ask away someone will be able to help.
Generally I alway say it's best to look through the classified's and try a couple of different style per loved's to see what works for you. :wave:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 am

Hi there, you'll find lots of great advice on these boards, so ask away!

Welcome to the CNT! :wave:

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 am

Hi :wave: and welcome to the tree :cnthug: . If it's any help my Callums 19 months and find we use 5 or 6 during the day and one night nappy with a wool cover. Poppered nappies are great for toddlers too as I have recently found out :roll: he's started to undo them. The eBay cheapy types have been a great stash booster for us with the right inserts as have the classifieds on here especially for the more expensive nappies, although there's so much choice we've ended up with quite a varied stash, there haven't been many that haven't worked for us. Good luck for Thursday :thumbsup:

My avatar
YumMum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby YumMum » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Thank you for the lovely welcome! I'm wondering if there's a dictionary or a post with what all the text speak means? For example, I've seen threads about WNOS and WNSS? :doh:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Yes it's here
viewforum.php?f=21
I'm on my phone so can't do it neatly sorry.
WNOS is Weenotions one size pocket (so BTP birth to potty.)
WNSS is Weenotions side snap a sized pocket that fastens at the sides with press snaps.

My avatar
YumMum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby YumMum » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Thank you :)

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 pm

hi!!!
I foudn it all sooooo overwhelming when i started....but stick with it and ask questions!!! in my experience the ladies on here are extremely knowlegable and friendly xxx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:41 pm

:wave: Welcome to our world :giggle:
It is all a bit confusing but if there is a dumb question to be asked I asked it when I first started

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers