autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Our chickens

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Their coop with Luna and Peggy
Mrs Blackett, Wagner, either Alice or Mrs Houdini and Professor McGonagall
Looking down their run.
Becky and either Alice or Mrs Houdini escaped being photo graphed by running up and down madly!
Excuse the mud, whole garden is like a swamp at the moment. We need to put more sand in their run as they've dug the rest in.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Our chickens

Postby Aeseldyr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Looks really nice @autumnalgirl :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:00 pm

:thumbsup: I love Peggy - I want a black and white stripey one like her - what sort is she?

autumnalgirl wrote:We need to put more sand in their run as they've dug the rest in.

I have been doing stupid amounts of research and originally I was going to do the sand thing but then have been reading lots of people on Backyardchickens who dont' rate it at all (say it can get really smelly particularly when wet) and reackon the deep litter method in the coop and run is much better (and smell free) - apparently really good for mud as well as it builds up over time above the mud if that makes sence and if you find it too muddy you just put some more wood chips on top. I think that is what I'm going to try so just thought it worth mentioning if you hadn't read about it / heard of it Christi. The other bonus is that you just scrap away the top layer and collect all the amazing ready to go compost underneath a couple of times a year :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think we need a chicken board as all the threads are going to get lost with the veggies!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:37 pm

New forum made for our chickens!

Return to The Chicken Coop