Funny chicken poo - help!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Funny chicken poo - help!

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:47 am

Strange strange poo's this morning - normal or something to worry about?????? @Allie @autumnalgirl

Image Image

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Funny chicken poo - help!

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:57 am

OK so just saw some 'normal' poo photos and apparently they shed their intestinal linings and I think that is what the reddy coloured stuff is going off other photos. It is a bit watery - usually from being too hot (not a problem :giggle: ) or not eating enough. The dumbos have been knocking over their feeder every morning when I go out so they may actually not be getting as much food as they should perhaps. Am going to go and buy the parts I have to make a PVC pipe feeder that they can't knock over! Am going to try not to :panic: that there is something wrong and just keep an eye on them!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am

Our feeder is hung up because we had that problem. I'll see if I can get a picture for you. I'd keep an eye on the poop but don't panic too much!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:50 am

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:50 am

Please excuse the chicken food on the floor I had three little 'helpers'!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Thanks Christit - I may well try that when I get thier proper run / coop done. I have also bought all the bits to make a PVC pipe feeder so I'll try that too.

What do you have on your floor - just dirt? @autumnalgirl I think I'm going to try to do the deep litter method to make compost in situ!

Return to The Chicken Coop