hf1

Chickens

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Chickens

Postby laceybat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 pm

i got my chicken today thanks to clairelou husband i got them home and then found one in the garden and one in the road :oops: :shock: so spent half an hour trying to get it.
i got 6 of them i love them.

i'll get pic of them soon.
some are a bit stragly as they are chicken farm ones but i love them

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Chickens

Postby simlou » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:57 pm

:wine: glad you got some hun! Hope they settle in soon and you get to see their little personalities coming out. Have you got any poultry spice? A teaspoon sprinkled on their food will help them get their feathers back quickly or I have a link if you want to knit them some little jumpers to keep them warm now the weather has turned a bit nippy. Have you named them yet?

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:00 pm

i have name two scruffey and silky,

i'm think trubble for the one that keep geting out.

and still thinking of m=nmaes for the other ones.
were do iget this spice stuff from.

there all so friendly as i can pick them all up with easy

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:42 pm

if they can get out it may be an idea to train them. Just whistle/ring a bell when you feed them - after about a week they'll run to you whenever you do even without the food, but do keep up the training maybe every couple of days..

Enjoy.

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Erm you may be able to get it at Pets at home as they've started doing some chicken things now. If not just PM me your address and I'll send you some in a pot. Won't be much to send so I don't mind doing that hun.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:37 am

she esapet again she in the school :-? the childern are love it. i'm going to leave her and see if she comes back

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:55 am

we have 4 hens and a cockrel- they are great real characters :mrgreen: called kevin, alice, lucy, olivia and kfc (guess which were named by the children :giggle: ) They come staight upto me when i go out to be fed and they also sit on the living room window sill looking it at us as they know we throw scraps out to them!

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:10 am

Ooh we are looking into keeping chickens :) Are they difficult to keep? Any laws against keeping them in built up areas?

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 am

Awwww!! I want a couple of chickens in the back garden but DH says no... we have enough animals lol. In all fairness we do have dog, 4 cats and a toddler ;)

Next

Return to The Chicken Coop