hf1

Chickens

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Chickens

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:11 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:I'd love to have chooks!!

Me to but dh is having none of it :-(

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm going to have a look at the eglu's. I haven't thought of keeping chickens, but I do know someone who does keep 2 in north london. Not too sure what the neighbours would think and I have seen a fox in the middle of the day walking through my garden.

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 pm

I wish we could have some chickens, but we will have to wait until we have got a place of our own. I used to have some when i live with my mum and dad, i also had a couple of pet turkeys. They were the best pets i've ever had :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:38 pm

willowherb wrote:I wish we could have some chickens, but we will have to wait until we have got a place of our own. I used to have some when i live with my mum and dad, i also had a couple of pet turkeys. They were the best pets i've ever had :giggle:

Noooooo turkeys scare me!! We went to a local wild animal rescue and they have two massive turkeys. they just followed us around, really slowly, just staring at us! They were like zombie turkeys or something. was terrifying! :oops: :hohoho:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:29 pm

We have an eglu, I found it on eBay .. 6mths old for just under 200 :)

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:32 am

We keep saying we're going to buy some but never get round to it :roll: Maybe this year :wink:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:40 am

red_dwarf wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:I'd love to have chooks!!

Me to but dh is having none of it :-(

Neither did mine. Not that I want to condone how I went about it ;)

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:07 am

dawnsmummy wrote:
willowherb wrote:I wish we could have some chickens, but we will have to wait until we have got a place of our own. I used to have some when i live with my mum and dad, i also had a couple of pet turkeys. They were the best pets i've ever had :giggle:

Noooooo turkeys scare me!! We went to a local wild animal rescue and they have two massive turkeys. they just followed us around, really slowly, just staring at us! They were like zombie turkeys or something. was terrifying! :oops: :hohoho:

:giggle: :giggle: zombie turkeys

My avatar
GingerNic
Clothie
Clothie

Postby GingerNic » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:32 am

Zombie Turkeys!! :giggle:

Chickens are brilliant, they don't trash your garden any more than rabbits or guinea pigs do really, as long as you've got a run that you can move around the lawn regularly so they don't turn one spot into something looking like the Somme.

I really need to get some more!! :oops: My two girls are getting on a bit now in terms of hybrids (they're 3 years old now) but are still laying pretty regularly. I'm tempted by some purebreeds next time, I really like the look of Buff Orpingtons, they look so cuddly!! :D

Previous

Return to The Chicken Coop