hf1

Very Excited!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Very Excited!

Postby Allie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:13 am

As we're going to pick up our 3 ex-battery hens this afternoon :yahoo: . I can't wait to give these lovely ladies the chance at a happy free range lifestyle :D

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Very Excited!

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:27 am

:wine: :wine:
I really want chickens

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:28 am

Yay!! :wine: Have you got names for them?

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:31 am

That's great, wish we had the space for some :D You'll have to add pics :wink:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:32 am

cat27m wrote:Yay!! :wine: Have you got names for them?

Erm yes, they will be Duracell, Eveready and Charles Chickens (Charlie for short) :oops: :hohoho: :hohoho:

We already have 2 others (posh hens) which we got on Monday, they are called Chucky McCluck and Marjorie. I hasten to add that I chose the name Marjorie and have had nothing whatsoever to do with naming the others :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:35 am

Allie wrote:
cat27m wrote:Yay!! :wine: Have you got names for them?

Erm yes, they will be Duracell, Eveready and Charles Chickens (Charlie for short) :oops: :hohoho: :hohoho:

We already have 2 others (posh hens) which we got on Monday, they are called Chucky McCluck and Marjorie. I hasten to add that I chose the name Marjorie and have had nothing whatsoever to do with naming the others :giggle: :giggle:

Brilliant!! :hohoho: My MIL has a new tiny chick that we've all called Whatsit as we're not sure if it's a boy or a girl!! :giggle: I'm sure your new girlies will be very happy in their new home. :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:45 am

oh they'll be so happy in there new home x

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:56 am

:wine: Hope you get lots of fresh eggs for brekkie :D

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Well they're here and they are really well feathered and surprisingly plump. They're also really friendly, well to humans at least but sadly not to our other 2 lovely bantams whilst the pecking order of the flock is established :-? . We were told that young bantams would pose no threat to the ex-batts so there shouldn't be any fights but that doesn't seem to be the case.

They are also great escape artists as two of them have managed to escape the run and free range in my garden :giggle: :giggle:

Pics of the banties:

I've not managed to get pics of the ex-batts yet but will try and get some tomorrow :D

Next

Return to The Chicken Coop