How much is too much?

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: How much is too much?

Postby Allie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:54 am

Velvetsteph wrote:
emmajayne33 wrote: you could most likely get most of your money back for it.

I would say don't do it for newborn size... Newborn nappies aren't selling brilliantly at the moment and I've still got newborn ones left, and my smalls aren't shifting at all... I'm often not even making 50% of the new price despite them being in better condition than preloveds I've purchased in larger sizes :? :(

Could you not just ask them to make it as a custom in a larger size?

None of mine are selling either Steph, I thought that I would easily be able to fund Dexters medium and large stashes from his newborn and smalls but it's just not happening :-?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:24 am

scrunchkins wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:
emmajayne33 wrote: you could most likely get most of your money back for it.

I would say don't do it for newborn size... Newborn nappies aren't selling brilliantly at the moment and I've still got newborn ones left, and my smalls aren't shifting at all... I'm often not even making 50% of the new price despite them being in better condition than preloveds I've purchased in larger sizes :? :(

Could you not just ask them to make it as a custom in a larger size?

None of mine are selling either Steph, I thought that I would easily be able to fund Dexters medium and large stashes from his newborn and smalls but it's just not happening :-?

I had the same problem shifting Ambers smalls a few months ago, what a loss :( I think its because alot of people find out about cloth a few months into their babys life??? :-?

I wouldnt buy it if its NB either and esp if its not GN xx

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 am

Velvetsteph wrote: Could you not just ask them to make it as a custom in a larger size?

I did - the other size she normally makes is one-size but there isnt enough fabric left for it :(
I'm still not 100% decided as I know that some newborn stuff isnt selling well at the moment (but trust me, if I knew what we were having I'd have bought more) although part of me is hoping that I would be able to sell things better here in Aus.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:59 am

I'd go for it then use it as a first nappy, you'll not want to part with it then and it'll be loved forever by your LO's on a doll... :wink: :lol:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:26 pm

i'd do what paintedclaws has suggested i don't think £25 is too much tbh

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:05 am

paintedclaws wrote:I'd go for it then use it as a first nappy, you'll not want to part with it then and it'll be loved forever by your LO's on a doll... :wink: :lol:

I think this is a great idea, I have J & Ss first nappies and intend to keep them forever, just a shame they are boring white XS fuzzis, thenext LOs first nappy will be as well as they supply them at the hospital and the MW dresses them, I know I could say no, but it's a free nappy after all!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:02 am

Oooooh... the new listing is now an auction but it starts $10 lower than it originally was and it has no bids yet!!!

:widesmile: Will keep an eye on it until its close to closing to see the progress :twisted:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat