:wine: Diddys are cheap too! :wink:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Nappies for under 6lb babies

Postby littlesez » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:47 pm

terries, they are fab and you will get more wear out of them coz they cant really be outgrown :wink:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:55 pm

You have such a big stash of small nappies so if i were you i would just use muslins ect for the first few weeks if bubs does end up coming early and being on the small size hun.

Sandy was only 5lb 4oz but im not buying that many teeny teeny nappies as i think they are a bit of a waste, if needs be i will use muslins aswell.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Personally I wouldn't bother, ever if he is small he will grown fast and be out of them in no time, terries would be your best bet as they are cheap, fair enough if you've you money to spare, then go for it, but personally I'd rather save my money for smalls and mediums!

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:06 pm

The only thing that fitted Elsie was the preemi minki nappies- but the nb swaddlebee & nb lucys hope chest look nearly as teeny.... Nb minki fitted her from about 3mths as did sm itti's.... My babies are awful narrow though!!!

Fc that Lucas stays put for you though

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Are terries quite bulky? What terries do you prefer? off to have a nosey on the terries/prefold bit of the forum :giggle:

Dont really want to be spending alot, as i do have a lovely stash already that cost as fair bob and really havent got the funds for loads more, especially as they wont fit for too long.

Sarah x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:20 pm

TBH, having had a similar scare with Jake, I would hold off for now and if something does happen *fingers crossed it won't* get some terries etc when he is here and use muslins for a few days if you need to. If he is really early, he will end up in SCBU for a while anyway and a lot of SCBUs won't let you use cloth.

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:23 pm

I can say 40 cm terries were the only thing that fit my skinny minee and she was 7 at her lowest but is tiny . Only just out of tiny baby clothes

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:25 pm

happytails wrote:Are terries quite bulky? What terries do you prefer? off to have a nosey on the terries/prefold bit of the forum :giggle:

Dont really want to be spending alot, as i do have a lovely stash already that cost as fair bob and really havent got the funds for loads more, especially as they wont fit for too long.

Sarah x

40cm bamboo terries are tiny, tell you what, wait, don't buy anything, PM me your address now, and if you go into labour early I will send you at least 5 40cm bamboo terries (I probably have more), they dry so quickly that you'd make do with just them and your muslins too

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat