hf1

Newborn nappy buying has commenced

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Newborn nappy buying has commenced

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Have been looking at nappies since getting our BFP but just couldn't bring myself to buy any...well just in the past 2 days I have managed to buy 12 nappies :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Bought a lovely PL newborn muttaquin, a PL lil joey and just ordered the 10 LL bamboo nappies that I have been umming and ahhing over for days :roll:

I plan to buy just 1 or 2 of each type of nappy I want to try then see how we go from there, will probably then use the LLs as our main stash once baby fits into them, can't wait until all my fluffy post starts arriving, and what makes it even better is that when I said to DH I think I may buy the LL nappies that are on offer, he just said thats fine, think I may have finally convinced him that cloth is the best way to go :yahoo: :yahoo:

Now I am just on the look out for a few nice wraps and some of the other nappies I want to try out. Thinking of looking for the following for early days...

XS Bumgenius,
Small Itti AIO,
XS Bamboo Sandy,
Small Bambooty,
TB Teenyfit,
XS and Small OWW,
XS and S Dunk n Fluff,

Are there any other nappies I should be on the look out for? Will also start knitting some woolies once we know babies flavour :giggle:

We dont have a tumble dryer (well we do but its broken) but seeing as baby is due in October guessing the heating will be on a lot so nappies should dry reasonably quick, or I often put Darcys in the airing cupboard if I am desperate, so how many will I need to begin with on average? Probably was every other day I think.

Now I need to get a shift on and sell some of the large nappies of Darcys that we won't be keeping to make some more funds, at this rate I will have the whole stash soon :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Newborn nappy buying has commenced

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:10 pm

:giggle: have fun :wine:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Newborn Holdens Landings are lovely. I will be opening the co-op thread in the next few days :wink: :lol:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Kirstyh wrote::giggle: have fun :wine:

I already am Kirsty, if I carry on at this rate baby will have enough nappies to last until its about 10 :hohoho:

Louise wrote:Newborn Holdens Landings are lovely. I will be opening the co-op thread in the next few days :wink: :lol:

Ooh exciting! Need to raise some more funds quick :eek: How long would you say the newborn sizes last @Louise ? Would I be better looking at smalls? Darcy was 7lb 15oz born but was 10lb 10oz by 4 weeks and 13lb 13oz by 10 weeks thanks to my full fat mummy milk :giggle: by so worry they would be outgrown really quick :-?

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm

:yahoo:

Although PMSL that you are going to stick to one or two types then list a whole load you want to try! A true nappy addict.

I would say that you need 25 or so if you are going full-time cloth but even on my 2, who were tiny at 5lb 4oz and 5lb 5oz at 3 days old then struggled to gain weight I managed to put size 1's on them from birth if I didn't have enough NB nappies - OK they went up to their armpits! but they worked OK.

My newborn stash is currently:

New
3 teenyfits (bought when TB discontinued the rainbow ones a few weeks ago for £6 each)

Preloved
1 bamboo XS sandy
2 cotton XS sandy
4 diddy diaper
6 bimbles
I also have a girly XS DnF of Emily's that I never sold
8 ME airflow wraps

I have about 40 size 1 nappies that have been used on my other 2 so propably will get another 10 or so preloved newborn between now and Aug/Sept
and that will do

Yvette

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Yay, lovely :D

I am aiming for around 25(+) nappies this time, last time i had 19 and found it close to the bone a few times with drying as S went through upto 16 a day in the first couple of weeks and there was no chance of me not doing the wash each night.

Ideally i would rather do it every other day so def going for more nappies this time to allow a bit of allowance in drying.

I am not sure on pockets yet, i know i want some as last time i loved my BBs but tbh i feel a bit reluctant to buy more BBs etc as feel to have been there, done that with S and i'm sure there must be new brands out now but i gotta be honest, i've not found any i love yet, plus they have to be popper.

The BB mini deluxe are cute looking but i dont like the one single MF insert, putting me right off.
Grovias i loved the look of, inside and out but they dont have great reviews.
TB teenyfit are velcro - no thanks!
I might try a TB easyfit but it wont fit for a good month or two.
Bambooty look good, cant remember what they have inside tho?

I am def still researching pocket / AIO options.

Fitteds wise i want to get some OWW, F&S, LGN & LLS :thumbsup:

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:08 pm

If number 2 is similar to Darcy I would look at smalls personally. They fitted my skinny little ones from 8lb or so and to be honest newborn nappies were generally out wet by the time they were 10-12lb - that said mine didn't hit 12lb until they were 4-5 months old.

Yvette

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Hannahboo wrote:
Kirstyh wrote::giggle: have fun :wine:

I already am Kirsty, if I carry on at this rate baby will have enough nappies to last until its about 10 :hohoho:

Louise wrote:Newborn Holdens Landings are lovely. I will be opening the co-op thread in the next few days :wink: :lol:

Ooh exciting! Need to raise some more funds quick :eek: How long would you say the newborn sizes last @Louise ? Would I be better looking at smalls? Darcy was 7lb 15oz born but was 10lb 10oz by 4 weeks and 13lb 13oz by 10 weeks thanks to my full fat mummy milk :giggle: by so worry they would be outgrown really quick :-?

M grew really quickly as well. Smalls are meant to fit from 7lbs but were huge on M when she was tiny so we had a few newborns. They fit for about 6/7 weeks. Newborns go up to 10lbs so maybe get one newborn and a couple of smalls.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Yvette, I think you are right smalls are probably the best way to go. Dont mind a few XS though as going to try to get them all PL so that if they dont get used much I can make back my money. Also, even though I know fitteds will be better I am thinking of using AIOs for the first couple of weeks whilst we adjust to things. Will make sure I have fitteds too though in case I am up and about sooner than last time.

Rox, I think I will probably try for about 25ish nappies too, as at least then I dont have to worry too much about washing constantly! I had a look at the BB mini deluxe too but not sure I like them yet :-? but if one came up cheap enough PL I would probably at least try! I bought pretty much all Darcys nappies new, with the exception of a couple of PL but this time I need to try and be at least a little bit sensible for the smaller sizes that will be grown out of quickly :giggle: I'm not keen on velcro either but figured the teeny fits would be handy for the beginning if DH is doing lots of nappy changes! I actually really like the look of the bambootys and will be getting a few to try, although think I will wait until we know the sex of baby for those ones so we can go for patterns :) Got this from the bambooty website 'Stain resistant suede cloth lined nappies keeps baby feeling dry or place a bamboo flap on top for natural fibres next to the skin. 2 flaps of absorbency made from heavy duty bamboo/organic cotton, and microfibre make this nappy easy to customise for boys, girls and tummy sleepers'. Definitely sound like one to try for me :thumbsup:

Thanks Louise, shall have a think about it! Just need to get my backside into gear now and sell some of Darcys stuff :roll:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat