hf1

Newborn nappy buying has commenced

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Newborn nappy buying has commenced

Postby Rox » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Ohhh yes, that sounds much better!! Will add that to my list, like you tho, waiting until we know the flavor before buying anything like that. In fact, i'm not buying anymore now until then as i have a few GN ones and would def like some gender specific ones in the stash.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Rox wrote:Ohhh yes, that sounds much better!! Will add that to my list, like you tho, waiting until we know the flavor before buying anything like that. In fact, i'm not buying anymore now until then as i have a few GN ones and would def like some gender specific ones in the stash.

I bought the majority of my nappies for Darcy because they were GN and I was thinking ahead :roll: but am selling a lot of the larges and this time I am going to go for gender specific, do wish I had gone for some more girly ones with Darcy now, but will certainly be making up for it this time :giggle: think I will get a couple more GN if I see bargains but then will leave it until we know what we are having! Oh and can't wait to get knitting teeny tiny soakers in lovely bright blue or pink wool :yahoo:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Definately go for smalls, A was only in most of her xs for 2 weeks. Her dnf have lasted the longest as she's only just grown out of those in xs.
Definately look at LLS I :love: mine have just had more arrive today :D :D

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 pm

twinkletot wrote:Definately go for smalls, A was only in most of her xs for 2 weeks. Her dnf have lasted the longest as she's only just grown out of those in xs.

Sam, I am calling first dibs on all Alyssa's smalls when she outgrows them :giggle: regret not snapping up the retro owls XS DnF you had for sale now but I am sure you will have loads more lovely nappies to part with soon :wink:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Hannahboo wrote:
twinkletot wrote:Definately go for smalls, A was only in most of her xs for 2 weeks. Her dnf have lasted the longest as she's only just grown out of those in xs.

Sam, I am calling first dibs on all Alyssa's smalls when she outgrows them :giggle: regret not snapping up the retro owls XS DnF you had for sale now but I am sure you will have loads more lovely nappies to part with soon :wink:

:giggle: of course! gah that's a shame you didn't that print is a fab gn one. That I am sure of............especially if she keeps growing the way she has been!!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 am

I have stuck mainly to GN newborn/smalls even though we know this is a boy, as I figure they will be easier to sell on as lots of people buy before they know what they are having.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:12 am

Miss_Purple wrote:I have stuck mainly to GN newborn/smalls even though we know this is a boy, as I figure they will be easier to sell on as lots of people buy before they know what they are having.

That's a very good point Danika, I think I neeeeeed a couple of nice pink nappies if bump is a girl though :giggle: I really should stop presuming baby is going to be a girl :giggle:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:09 pm

I made the same mistake and ended up with a load of girly nappies saved from Annabel that I now need to sell, plus also a few small girly nappies that I bought because they were cheap that I don't now need :doh:

My current stash list for bump is here blog/Miss_Purple/
I've got 34 newborn/xs nappies (20 of those are kissaluvs though which are dead cheap, about £2.50 each on average, so they are my stash boosters incase DS is smaller than expected.)

I've got about the same number of small nappies, including 8 LLs which again were cheap and cheerful, I just don't want to run out of nappies. we haven't got a tumble dryer, although at least this time it will be summer so it should be quicker to dry the nappies than it was when DD was born! I have bought them all preloved though apart from the medium and large DnFs which I got as a bulk custom order from Tami which was a great deal.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:I made the same mistake and ended up with a load of girly nappies saved from Annabel that I now need to sell, plus also a few small girly nappies that I bought because they were cheap that I don't now need :doh:

My current stash list for bump is here blog/Miss_Purple/
I've got 34 newborn/xs nappies (20 of those are kissaluvs though which are dead cheap, about £2.50 each on average, so they are my stash boosters incase DS is smaller than expected.)

I've got about the same number of small nappies, including 8 LLs which again were cheap and cheerful, I just don't want to run out of nappies. we haven't got a tumble dryer, although at least this time it will be summer so it should be quicker to dry the nappies than it was when DD was born! I have bought them all preloved though apart from the medium and large DnFs which I got as a bulk custom order from Tami which was a great deal.

Thanks for the link to your list, gives me an idea of what to get :thumbsup:

The first nappy I have bought for bump arrived today and it is gorgeous, inner is pale pink though which I didn't realise, but no one sees the inner anyway do they so if its a boy he will just have to wear pink in the early days :giggle: bamboo LLs should be arriving tomorrow, then waiting on a PL Lil joey. Plan to get all my nappies PL this time or when they are too good an offer to refuse like the LLs, until bump is into mediums then I will have to get a few nicer customs! Going to pop down to Tesco and get a couple of the reduced Easyfits too, even though I didn't like them with Darcy at £3.74 each its definitely worth a try :thumbsup: I have started to sell off some of Darcys larges and older PL nappies now so hopefully I will be able to buy a few more nappies soon, then as soon as we find the sex out I will go on another mini shopping spree :giggle: Hoping to get a few bargains in real nappy week too :thumbsup:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat