hf1

Comparing bg newborns to teenyfits/

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Comparing bg newborns to teenyfits/

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Has anyone got any comparisons? I was just thinking as there is that offer on at the moment.

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Comparing bg newborns to teenyfits/

Postby Star02 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:34 am

I'm just using these on my little one, I can do one for you after school run if it's any help? :D

Stevie x

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:06 am

I found bg newborns the smaller (so fit better from birth), I found teenyfits a bit bulky on Aaliyah from birth (8lb 13oz). However she could outpee the BG newborn in an hour within a week so we got very little use out of them whereas the teenyfits are still being used now (boosted with a ll bamboo and a small hemp booster but she is a very heavy wetter). If nobody else can during the day I can take photos of the 2 side by side for you later this afternoon when we get home x

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:27 am

Pretty much WSS :D

Bg fit better from birth, Oscar was 6lb 13oz and I found the teenyfit bulkier. I don't like the Aplix on these, far to big for such a small nappy compared to the BG tabs. O has just about outgrown the BG now, whereas the teenyfits are still going but I do have to boost both, I use a small bambooty booster. Saying that I don't know what the new V3 teenyfits are like with the new minky

I would have preferred to use xs BG but it isn't worth it for the small amount of time they last. I got mine free from Bounty mag. :thumbsup:

Stevie x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:46 am

I used BG newborn AIO with DD and loved them, but she outgrew the rise in about 10 days (she was 8lb 1oz born but long). I didn't buy BG this time (we hired last time) as I was expecting DS to be bigger, but he was a skinny long thing (7lb 11oz born) so the teenyfits were massive on him. They don't fit small enough around his skinny legs so I am selling them on. The BG smalls fit nicely though and have a pocket for boosting unlike the XS.

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:58 am

This is an TF BG XS and the Blue is a BG Small :thumbsup:

Last edited by Star02 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:00 am

Oh I'll see if I can resize!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:20 am

We used both from birth. The BG were slimmer fitting but not as absorbant as Teenyfits (boosted with a LL). She outgrew the BGs before outgrowing the Teenyfits. I think the Teenyfits were supposed to last til 12lb but they were too small way before that with her chunky thighs. I think the BGs were better for the cord. Overall I preferred the Teenyfits but I think it would really depend on the size/shape of your baby. I'm glad we had a mixture of both. (all sold on Classifieds too so if you found you preferred one over the other you could probably sell/swap them).

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:12 am

Hmmm. I was wondering the same thing, so this thread has been very helpful.

However, I conclude that I need both Teenyfits and BG newborn!

My dd was a skinny tiny wee thing at birth and for a month, then galloped up the centiles, so I do need teeny ones initially.

Obviously 'need' being a relative term here :D

:love: fluff shopping again!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat