hf1

How do you work value?

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How do you work value?

Postby CherryPie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Am thinking of having a little clearout as I have way too many easyfits (V1) brights (star print, dotty etc) How do you work out a fair price? They all in excellent used condition, no stains, Velcro still v strong etc...but I haven't got a clue regarding price! Tia xx

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How do you work value?

Postby northernruth » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:49 pm

I'd have a trawl of classifieds and see what people have been asking for them. For common stuff (by which I mean easily available) I think a reasonable secondhand price is 50-60% of value depending on condition, but the more popular nappies seem to hold their value better - I remember when Martha was in nappies Ittis would sell for not much less than they were new.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: How do you work value?

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:49 am

I agree with Ruth but I think it does depend on the current market IYSWIM. I remember buying a 2nd hand nappy (the name escapes me just now but it was a popular one) for £17 2 years ago (which wasn't over the odds) and saw some last week advertised at £10 in similar condition.

Remember you can always lower the price if it is too high or accept offers but if you price too low it is harder to put price up.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat