hf1

Bubs stash so far (inc various accessories!)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Bubs stash so far (inc various accessories!)

Postby littlesez » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:04 am

I never had any newborn nappies just size 1 and we were fine so just personal preference really. They were bulky but they did the job x

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:00 pm

I have bought a few terry squares, but not a nippa yet :doh: MUST remember to get one, should I use a wrap over terries, or are they suitable without?
Definately going to have a look at the Little Joey's, they sound adorable :)
I do think that as we have pretty titchy babies and bost of them lost quite a bit of their birth weight we would be better with some dinky nappies :)

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 pm

sophie90 wrote:I have bought a few terry squares, but not a nippa yet :doh: MUST remember to get one, should I use a wrap over terries, or are they suitable without?
I do think that as we have pretty titchy babies and bost of them lost quite a bit of their birth weight we would be better with some dinky nappies :)

I bought mine from here http://www.funkymonkeypants.com/liljoeys.html We've got kangarooz and eco owlz (prints), so cute! They sell them at Babybots too.

Oh and as for terries, get a pack of three nippas if I were you so that you have spares, they always seem to get lost amongst the clothes! Also, you will need a cover of some kind with terries, you could use a wrap or a pair of wool knitted pants (more breathable), there are some cute covers out there, take a look in the wool classifieds section on here. Also, if your baby is really tiny, like, 5lbs tiny, you can use muslins instead of terries at first and these will be less bulky.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Prefolds are great and can later be used to stuff pockets, which is handy if you developed a Weenotions addiction :giggle: Now Callums nearly two I find terries a PITA and there too big to use as boosters. They're still really handy though, he's just had a D&V bug and it was handy having a few terries to mop up as they can easily withstand hot washes. Plus he uses them as a comforter which means they're easy to replace.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue May 01, 2012 1:28 am

Riley didn't fit into any xs nappies until she was about 3 months old. She was just too small and skinny. But when she did I used Diddy diapers with a bambino mio xs wrap that was the smallest wrap I could get, and it was the least bulky on her. Also xs real easys. Oh and I remember taking her on holiday when she was 6 months old and she easily fitted into small pocket bots, and small itties.

Lockie who was a bit bigger than her fitted into smalls but they were massive.

If I were you (and I'm kind of in the same position of thinking i'm going to deliver early) i would wait until the baby is born, and you have some idea of big she will actually be and how long she'll stay in hospital for. I'm really struggling not to get ready, but having had early babies its sometimes easier to wait and see.

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Yeah I'm pretty much at a dead end really, we have an estimated weight but thats been done on scans and also I've got another 2 weeks yet before delivery, so thats another 2 weeks worth of weight to gain!
I got given a date today so know I'm definately delivering early, might get a few muslilns and terrys then and some nippas :)
Thanks for the advice everyone!!!
xx

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Rufies mama wrote:
sophie90 wrote:I have bought a few terry squares, but not a nippa yet :doh: MUST remember to get one, should I use a wrap over terries, or are they suitable without?

I bought mine from here http://www.funkymonkeypants.com/liljoeys.html We've got kangarooz and eco owlz (prints), so cute! They sell them at Babybots too.

Oh and as for terries, get a pack of three nippas if I were you so that you have spares, they always seem to get lost amongst the clothes! Also, you will need a cover of some kind with terries, you could use a wrap or a pair of wool knitted pants (more breathable), there are some cute covers out there, take a look in the wool classifieds section on here. Also, if your baby is really tiny, like, 5lbs tiny, you can use muslins instead of terries at first and these will be less bulky.

I have three tiny wraps, do I need a couple more? Atm bubs estimated weight is 3lb 8oz, and I wont be hvaing her for two weeks, still think she is probably going to be less than 5lb so defo going to get muslins (think I may have some already, will check!)
I have some lovely wooly soakers that I bought from here, but fear they may be too big?
Also I have 3 little joeys being held for me :) so fingers crossed her stash may fit her better now! Thank you for the advice on nippas!! Where can I buy them? I had a look in mothercare (not keen on going in there at all!!) and they still only have nappy pins! I still need to get a nappy bin and soome laundry bags too!! Eeeep! Only two weeks left to buy everything :shock: :shock:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Tue May 01, 2012 4:34 pm

I've only got xs and s's at themoment and then Ryan's birth to potty ones as that all i've got so far as ryan was in small and med's for so long (he's still in m now )

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Well I've added some muslin squares and terries to the mix now too and I did buy a couple of packets of disposables before we made a definate descision about using cloth, so I have thos as well (altho not keen on the idea of putting her in them!)
Since I dont have anything to go by size wise I am not realy sure what to do, both my boys were little to start with but are both such odd shapes now I just dont know how she is going to turn out!! :-?

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat