hf1

Bubs stash so far (inc various accessories!)

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Bubs stash so far (inc various accessories!)

Postby sophie90 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Do I need any more nappies?

So Far I have got:

x2 Itti Bitti Smalls AIO
Itti bitti smalls SIO
x2 Swaddlebee Fitted Pink Xs/Newborn
x2 Lollipop popngro
x2 Fuzzibuns perfect fit
x2 Fuzzibuns old style
x3 Itti bitti MED AIO
x5 BTP nappy
Ella’s house Large bum hugger
Muttaquin medium
bambinex
Tot’s bots Sz1 Wrap
x5 Tots bots size 1 nappy
x2 Little Lambs wrap size 1
x3 Little lambs nappy size 1
Econobums starter set (Cont 3 wraps and 12 prefolds)
Flip Wrap (Plus inserts)
Tots bots Groovy Wrap
Tots bots Blue stars wrap
Tots bots Green stars wrap
Rainbow Fleece Inserts
Bamboo Wipes
Cheeky Wipes Kit
Gen-Y Animayhem Wrap
x6 MioBoost Boosters
Nappy bag
Nappy travel bag
Laundry mesh bags
Wet Bag
x2 Close parent, Pop in (with night booster)
Various Liners/boosters etc
Tots bots Bamboozle stretch
tots bots teenyfit AIO

I have also got a kari-me wrap and some baby legs and various other bits and pieces, is there anything else I need for bubs?

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Bubs stash so far (inc various accessories!)

Postby paw foot » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:33 pm

How many of the smaller sizes do you have? My little boy was 6 pounds at birth went down to 5.5 and the xs swaddlebees didn't fit him for a while. I never tried the teeny fit so cannot advise on that but all btp and size 1's IMO will be too big for quiet a while.

Sure other exp people will be along soon with some more advise.

Enjoy building your stash :D

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:38 pm

I've only got the xs swaddlebees and size 1's, The teenyfit says it fots from 5lb, but I think it looks too big for a 5lber Espc if they are long and skinny like DS2 was.
I'm being delivered at 34 weeks so expecting a relatively small baby, What size did you use at first?
S
xx

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby paw foot » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:50 pm

I did a mixture of disposables and cloth. I used boots low birthweight nappies for disposable. The cloth nappies that fitted best for us were xs oww, thirstie xs fitted and spider Stiches prefolds. Wraps xs thirstie and thirstie duo. It wasn't long before the pop in fitted but it is bulky but you can use the outer as a wrap.

Luke was long and skinny too. He fitted in his xs till he was 5 months old and can still fit in xs and small swaddle bees.

If I had known he was going to be as small at birth and put weight on as slow as he has I would have brought far more newborn nappies.

Prefolds are a good cost effective option and fit well in the early days, you can also reuse them for stuffing pocket etc but you need a fair few wraps.

Hth

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:56 pm

We bought some disposables too, we have a couple of packs that we can use and I will have a look at the nappies you mentioned.
L was long and skinny at birth but he put weight on super quickly and is now long and chunky!!! I dont think he could fit into an xs anything if he tried :giggle: ot sure how bubs is going to be at weight gaining etc as Z was nothing like L! He was short and chunky at birth and remains short and chunky to this day!!
I have a few wraps, but think investing in a few more may be a good idea as I heard I can use them with the prefolds and with muslins/terry squares too :)

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Lil Joeys are absolutely weeny and fit from 4lbs. I've bought two and they really look tiny. They're AIOs and they're sold in packs of two. You might be able to get some cheap if you buy some before RNW ends tomorrow. X

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:51 am

I think more xs or nb size too. I loved terry squares at that stage and will be bulking out my stash thusly!

My dd was a titch at 6lbs 11, but she never dropped an ounce and grew so fast that I'm going to stick to what I know and do the same again.

Terry squares fit so well when nippad, and with rolled legs and waist the containment is excellent. Plus they definitely aren't outgrown between the supertiny and chubby stages. I found them easier than prefolds, with a much better fit.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 am

Rufies mama wrote:Lil Joeys are absolutely weeny and fit from 4lbs. I've bought two and they really look tiny. They're AIOs and they're sold in packs of two. You might be able to get some cheap if you buy some before RNW ends tomorrow. X

This!

I bought a PL Lil Joey and it is tiny, much more so than any of the other nappies I have :thumbsup:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:49 am

Definitely more xs/nb nappies

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat